Game Movement Controls - Need some opinions.

Which of the Options below would you prefer

• WSAD keys for movement, Mouse for camera movement & action. And a seperate chat box which you click

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Arrow Keys for movement and the QWERTY keys for talking and Mouse for camera movement & action.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Point and Click for movement using mouse and QWERTY Keys for chatting. - Something like Runescape an

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

escape7

What? Where? How?
If this is not the current section then please move it. Thanks!

Hey guys, There are three of us guys working fulltime on an MMORPG and a few part time helpers. Just wanted some further insights before we continue our coding.

Almost all of us are at loggerheads regarding the movement-controls. What would you prefer:

1. WSAD keys for movement, Mouse for camera movement & action. And a seperate chat box which you click to make it active and then type. - WOWish

2. Arrow Keys for movement and the QWERTY keys for talking and Mouse for camera movement & action.

3. Point and Click for movement using mouse and QWERTY Keys for chatting. - Something like Runescape and Eternal Lands.

PS: If you know programming/3d modelling and would like to help you can PM me. Thanks.

Piyush

Lanaya
both first and third option are equally good
as it also depends on the playing style , so it differs from person to person

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Implement both Adventure game controls and regular controls. I mean, will be able to move the character with WASD keys and point and click with mouse. This gives them a bit of variety and freedom.

During combat WASD will gain advantage due to it's precision, and while exploring point and click has a edge. It will be good to have the best of the both worlds :)

OP
escape7

escape7

What? Where? How?
both first and third option are equally good
as it also depends on the playing style , so it differs from person to person

Well, almost all games have different playing styles, people learn it and play :p

Implement both Adventure game controls and regular controls. I mean, will be able to move the character with WASD keys and point and click with mouse. This gives them a bit of variety and freedom.

During combat WASD will gain advantage due to it's precision, and while exploring point and click has a edge. It will be good to have the best of the both worlds :)

The point which i'm trying to prove to my fellow developers is that movement with keys makes the game more immersive, with point and click you just click and wait - browse other stuff etc. etc...:|

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you use WASD, you have more keys near to your hand. You don't have to stretch your fingers. Other controls are in your proximity. :)

Top Bottom