game machine choice help(pc or ps2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkpeerless

In the zone
Frinds,
I am in hell of confussion

I love to play games. I have a computer but it is not powerfull enough to play the modern games . So should i upgrade my pc or go for PS2. If i go for ps2 will i get good games for few years(3-4 yrs) or will die due to the release of 360 & ps3. A friend of my suggest to go for pc and get a ps2 emulator. will that help me in any way. if yes tell me a goood ps2 emulator.
I dont want to go for 360 or ps3.

shellgame

Broken In
bkpeerless said:
Frinds,
I am in hell of confussion

I love to play games. I have a computer but it is not powerfull enough to play the modern games . So should i upgrade my pc or go for PS2. If i go for ps2 will i get good games for few years(3-4 yrs) or will die due to the release of 360 & ps3. A friend of my suggest to go for pc and get a ps2 emulator. will that help me in any way. if yes tell me a goood ps2 emulator.
I dont want to go for 360 or ps3.

No dont go for ps2.it would be like marrying an old women who has very few
days left to live.upgrading the pc will be better idea.i cant tell u of any emulators bcos i have never used ne but there r certainly ps2 emulators available.u might get it somewhere.

Stalker

Padawan
If u like shooters & strategy the pc is definitely better. for all other games a console is usually good. But don't go for a ps2, its almost outdated.
Also for ps2 emulators you need a super-comp if u want to cross the 30 fps mark!

Chets

Right off the assembly line
no doubt ps2 is older n oudated compared to ps3 and xbox3.
however to play on PC, a decent graphics is needed which comes for abt 7k which is an cat and mouse market.

but ps2 is available for 10k. n has lot of titles too. u can try lots of them.
ps2 still has lot of life left in it.

bottom line is currently its best to invest in ps2 rather the upgrading pc.

saketkutta

Broken In
go for ps2.
for pc u have to upgrade every year.
and even if u get a very high end pc u cannot emulate ps2 above 10 fps. i have tried. and many games dont even emulate.
go for ps2 u can get good games for it. and game companies WILL release ps2 games for 2 years more (at the minimum) like they release games for gba or ps1.
my choice ps2.

PC rulez......................ok,.......................PC rulez...........................fine.............PC rulez.
want some more.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well u cud get the PS2, because when PS3 will be launched it would be costly including games. Moreover a modded PS3 would take time to come to the market. So u can guess....... Same is the case for XBOX360.

And forget about PS2 emulators.......they r not worth the effort and money.
So it is better to get a PS2 if gaming is ur sole purpose.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
see if u r considering same budget then, 10-12K will definitely won't get u a gaming PC upgrade, that will compare with PS2.

montylee

Journeyman
I have a PS2 for the past 1.5 years and i can tell you that playing games on it gives enormous pleasure. On a PS2 you would mostly enjoy sports games likes NFS, Fifa, Cricket etc., third-person games like God of War, Resident Evil 4 etc. FPS games are best played on a PC.

Now, considering ur scenario:

Choice 1: PS2 or XBOX
Both of them are old consoles now and you would not be able to enjoy the latest games on them.

Choice 2: PS3 or XBOX 360
Latest Consoles. But the main problem is the prices of the console and of the games. While you can make a one-time investment if you buy either of them, the main problem is the "GAMES". PS3 and XBOX 360 games cost more than Rs. 2500 and also they are not yet modded, so don't expect to buy cheap pirates DVD (or Blue Ray Discs...).

Choice 3: PC
You will havr to shell out > ~25 or 30K for buying a good gaming PC but at this time it is ur best bet. U'll be able to play the latest games for a while.

Conclusion:
PC is the way to go in ur current scenario, so go for it.

enjoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom