Game Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

hariharan

Journeyman
I config is AMD64 3500+, 1Gb RAM DDR 400MHz, nVidia GeForce 6150 M/B but still when i play games such as NFS Most wanted i could the letters juggling often and this is not only with the text but also in the race track i could see streaks and
often the track is not clear because the screen is divided into many regions each one showing a diferent region possibly a mixup.. What could be the reason for this..

My monitor is Samsung 17" TFT

Plz suggest me a solution i play the game at 1280 x 1024 resol. ( this is my sys resol and i don change it while playin game so that shld also be the game resol isn't it? )

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its not necessary for a game res to be at system res. AFAIK 6150 doesnt have enough juice to run this beauty at 1280 well enough, try 1024, if it goes fine?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
There isn't any relation between system res and gam res....

I don't think the 6150 will be able to handle games @1280*1024...try 1024*786 .....And turn off AA/AF etc etc....

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
But the same problem continues with Windows Vista Beta 2 also.. I remember VIsta beiing in good shape previously and had no such problems.. When the distorted graphics prblem strted in games in XP it was immediately reflected in vista also.. And one more thing i noticed was that as time increases the distortion also increases gradually.. Is some thing wrong with my hardware config or my hardware itself?

S

SE><IE

OK. I have the same config as yours except for GFX, mine is 6100 (onboard) and well... I ran the beauty @ 800x600 with 2xAA . Perhaps you've disabled AA

kato

Karthiksn
Well, I have a onboard 6150 and the game runs kool another thing there is no relation between your system resolution and game resolution. I will say update your drivers if not done yet.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Onboards graphics cards suck. 6200 card score 5 times more than a 6150 onboard. The reason being lack of vram. Shared RAM sucks. Get a real graphics card.

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
no i tried even lowering the resolution.. still it didn't help.. i reduced to 800 x 600.. what is the latest version of display drivers and how do i check if i have the latest version.. BTW wat is meant by AA/AF..

S

SE><IE

AA- Anti Aliasing *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_aliasing
AF- anisotropic filtering *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
on low end machines reducing/disabling aa/af gives a performance boost

*livinonaprayer.superforos.com/images/smiles/nana.gif

jus lower or disable those AA/AF then u should not have any problems in your gameplay

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
6200 card score 5 times more than a 6150 onboard.

If u'd use one u wouldn't say this .. infact the irony is that the 6150 has its core running at 425 MHz stock , much much higher than the 6200 ... and the mem. in sync with ur system mem .. so with ddr400 in dual channel u have 6150 at 425/400 , and the 6200 at i think 350/400 (not sure though) ..

The only point of mismatch is that the 6150 has 2pp,1vp , while the 6200 has 4pp,3vp ... but it doesn't matter anyway as both the chips are just as slow with games ..

6150 run NFS MW at 800*600 , 2x AA , Low Settings (all slider just one notch up) ... around 15-20 fps .. darn good ... the 6200 would give over 20 fps .. but hey .. u'll have to invest in one extra component .. :D

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
i have identified the problem.. when i cover the cabinet with the side cover which has a fan.. the streaks appear in the game.. but when i keep the cabinet open it is almost normal.. is anything wrong with my cooling system.. ?what shld i do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom