Game Engine - Which one is the most demanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Doom 3 was regarded one of the best Game engine when it came out,AFAIK that was in 2004 . Then came Half Life 2 , and now Bio Shock, and we are still waiting for CrySis engine. I am not a heavy gamer but interested in the gaming technologies. And how about F.E.A.R and Serious Sam? I wanted to know which is the best gaming engine currently available.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Stalker engine.

Until and unless i get a chance to play crysis or bioshock i cant give my verdict.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Aaha Bio shock uses Unreal Engine 3 :p so the war is between UE 3 and CryEngine 2 ;)

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
charangk said:
Aaha Bio shock uses Unreal Engine 3 :p so the war is between UE 3 and CryEngine 2 ;)
When i first heard that bioshock was based on the unreal 3 engine i was amazed,i didn't expect that cause the graphics are a bit different from Gears of War.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
16 Bit Dos gaming engine , :D whatever that is...
As newer operating systems from Ms are released,Dos is getting more and more resources hungry.
Sometimes it even flashes
*morewhat.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/MSfatal.jpg
OR
*www.hackszine.com/blog/archive/dosbox-vista.png

vish786

"The Gentleman"
me looking forth towards cry engine after seeing few videos. everyones waiting for its game release.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Unreal 3.R6V was a total knock out @1280x1024 @28fps.Also the Lost Planet's engine which is a total life sucker.

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
Harvik780 said:
At there Demo the ID soft speaker said that they had over 12 GB of uncompressed video data.

Well its actually 80 GB of uncompressed data.

Link for the Video:

*www.gametrailers.com/moses/moviesthumbs/23184-t_idtech5_wt_quakecon07_part1_gt_h264.jpg
Tech 5 Developer Walkthrough Part 1 HD
98.2 MB
Legendary coder John Carmack walks us through 80 gigs of textures in his newest creation, Tech 5, the engine that powers Rage.

*www.gametrailers.com/moses/moviesthumbs/23183-t_idtech5_wt_quakecon07_part2_gt_h264.jpg
Tech 5 Developer Walkthrough Part 2 HD
95.6 MB

Legendary coder John Carmack continues his walkthrough on one of the most powerful gaming engines of all time: Tech 5.

*www.gametrailers.com/moses/moviesthumbs/23275-t_idtech5_walkthrough_part3_gt_480_hd.jpg
Tech 5 Engine Exploration HD
196.9 MB

An interactive look at the Tech 5 engine, manned by John Carmack.

Check out the last video, he actually shows how easy it will be to create the terrain for the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom