Galaxy S3 versus mid range smart phones???

sk_sin28

Right off the assembly line
I am thinking of buying a new android phone. I am getting S3 at a discount price of Rs. 18000. Should I buy S3 or opt for some other mid range smartphone? How does Galaxy Grand hold up against S3 as both are at same price range??

PS- I have a coupon to get 25% discount on Samsung phones. So accordingly suggest me Galaxy phones.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Galaxy S3 all the way.... Grand is pure ****.
Or give me that coupon I will buy Galaxy S4. :D

$hadow

Geek in making
I am using s3 and no problem as of now though I got it pre-ordered very high price now it is just a mid range device. But I have seen many phone but the size of s3 fits in more well.

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
I am thinking of buying a new android phone. I am getting S3 at a discount price of Rs. 18000. Should I buy S3 or opt for some other mid range smartphone? How does Galaxy Grand hold up against S3 as both are at same price range??

PS- I have a coupon to get 25% discount on Samsung phones. So accordingly suggest me Galaxy phones.

I own an S3 for the past 14 months. If you want Samsung only, your budget is limited to 18k and you are getting the S3 at that price, go for it. If you are able to extend the budget by a bit, take the Note 2- it is a far better product. Just the 1 GB extra RAM is worth it. A brighter, bigger screen and better battery life are additional bonuses.

suarezian

You'll Never Walk Alone
The dual core of Xperia Sp beats the quad core of the s3. So Xperia SP will be better for you. Who'll want a phone with a 1.5 yr old cpu

The dual core of Xperia Sp beats the quad core of the s3. So Xperia SP will be better for you. Who'll want a phone with a 1.5 yr old cpu
S3 has better camera(both), better battery life n better screen than Xperia SP. Performance wise not much difference between the two...........

So S3 is better than SP..........

Also S3 has better developer support + Samsung would provide 4.3 update by year end + Samsung has more service centres than Sony

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
S3 has better camera(both), better battery life n better screen than Xperia SP. Performance wise not much difference between the two...........

So S3 is better than SP..........

Also S3 has better developer support + Samsung would provide 4.3 update by year end + Samsung has more service centres than Sony

SP has CM 10.2 and also it would get 4.3 confirmed.

So both are equal pretty much

$hadow

Geek in making
This is not the question who wants s3 coz the people who want already has it. And the phone was sold at an insane number by Samsung in the initial years and as far as 1.5 years is concerned sp was not launched yesterday.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
S3 > SP Any day..

S3 screen is the first thing that will beat **** out of SP.
Also samsung confirmed 4.3 & 5.0 updates for S3 way back...

S3 has a lot better & vast developer support. Also S3 battery backup is good than SP. Plus gorrila glass 2.

ankush28

Bazinga
I would suggest Samsung Galaxy nexus then :lol: :rofl:
My friend just bought S3(4-5 days ago), I was like just hit him with that crap phone....
On very first day he faced service centre(His phone shuts down each 5-10min lol)
S3 is quite old... If you can increase budget then get S4mini or S4...else request them to port 25% discount on other brand :lol:

ashs1

Padawan
probably a defect or the phone might have needed a software update..but, yeah, i'll agree with the rest of users : S3 is much better than SP..the screen alone is a big advantage for S3.

suarezian

You'll Never Walk Alone
S3 > SP Any day..

S3 screen is the first thing that will beat **** out of SP.
Also samsung confirmed 4.3 & 5.0 updates for S3 way back...

S3 has a lot better & vast developer support. Also S3 battery backup is good than SP. Plus gorrila glass 2.

Android 5.0 update? Bwahahaha!!!! This news just made my day :D

Top Bottom