Galaxy Note 4 : Samsung cheating on customers in India ?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
problem with ur friends phone. i had 150 something apps(including games) installed and it was butter smooth.
no twitter 3 sec problem. its instantaneous.
and no asphalt 8 lags too.

Last edited:

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
This should be moved to the fight club!!
A lot of people are generalizing their personal experiences :/, it would be a wise idea to make use of Google once in a while
Anyway, regarding the op
Pretty sure Samsung decided to release 805 coz of all the negative reviews they got for exynos s5, a fine example of ignorance and how little knowledge can do more damage than good
Besides I don't feel like they are cheating anybody, sd 805 is top notch hardware, and it will match anything that's thrown at it in real time usage and frankly as a manufacturer they are responding to customer demands, the op happens to be part of a small percentage, who loves exynos and the dac, tough luck for ya
And if you weigh the cons and pro's of 805 against exynos, right now the balance is in favour of former

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
why are people defending Lagwiz so much? face it every phone has its flaws and samsung has 3- poor plasticky build,exynos and touchwiz
ive had samsung phones in the past right upto the S4 and Note 2 and they both were pathetic thanks to touchwiz

tkin

Back to school!!
I was going to go for the G3, so went to see a G2 of my friend's. It was nowhere near as butter, it was in that half an hour experience laggy like hell and awful, simply awful. When I hit on Twitter app, it took 3 seconds to open, at first I thought I wasn't clicking it!
Wow, apparently a lot of people are using defective phones and not even rmaing them, good for the industry.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
That's what I checked very firstly, he was using LG's stock ROM. The phone was rooted that's all, but everything else was on stock. I saw that when I restarted the phone it became smoother / faster, but after using it for another 15 minutes it was all same! Don't know, absolutely didn't like it.

dunno about the G2 UI but the G3 UI is buttery smooth,just like a nexus
maybe the G2 had more bloat or something

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
This should be moved to the fight club!!
A lot of people are generalizing their personal experiences :/, it would be a wise idea to make use of Google once in a while
Anyway, regarding the op
Pretty sure Samsung decided to release 805 coz of all the negative reviews they got for exynos s5, a fine example of ignorance and how little knowledge can do more damage than good
Besides I don't feel like they are cheating anybody, sd 805 is top notch hardware, and it will match anything that's thrown at it in real time usage and frankly as a manufacturer they are responding to customer demands, the op happens to be part of a small percentage, who loves exynos and the dac, tough luck for ya
And if you weigh the cons and pro's of 805 against exynos, right now the balance is in favour of former

Ignorance amongst all the so called "geeks" and tech experts here on the forums is why I made this post.

True ignorance is criticizing Exynos about its lack of custom dev support but not knowing that Qualcomm's next gen chip(Snapdragon 810) uses the same A57+A53 architecture.The very same architecture that Exynos is using today.

Qualcomm's cpu architecture is ancient, and they have been limping on ever since by increasing clock speeds.When Qualcomm lets go its crap CPU design and finally adopts the next gen A57+A53's, we will have to see where all that custom dev support goes.

tkin

Back to school!!
Ignorance amongst all the so called "geeks" and tech experts here on the forums is why I made this post.

True ignorance is criticizing Exynos about its lack of custom dev support but not knowing that Qualcomm's next gen chip(Snapdragon 810) uses the same A57+A53 architecture.The very same architecture that Exynos is using today.

Qualcomm's cpu architecture is ancient, and they have been limping on ever since by increasing clock speeds.When Qualcomm lets go its crap CPU design and finally adopts the next gen A57+A53's, we will have to see where all that custom dev support goes.
True ignorance is defining ignorance yourself to suit your needs.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
:facepalm: if theres one drawback that the Android Legend, Galaxy S2/S advance ever had,it was exynos
lack of complete roms despite it being an awesome phone,something or the other was always missing and causing issues thanks to exynos

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
exynos was ignored by developers mostly because samsung havent provided proper documentation, sources etc.. it has nothing to do with the architecture
and the a57+a53 is 64bit and it has been implemented only in the recent note 4 variant, samsung adopted the big little architecture earlier than everyone but their implementation was far from perfect, like throttling issue, poor optimisation,mediocre gpu etc, (compared to SD), over the course of time they have managed to solve the issues little by little which is evident in the benchmarks ,you had posted in the OP,
now what you need to remember is these soc have HMP enabled ,which probably means almost all the cores are active when the benchmarks are done, which is never a real usage scenario and there is almost a 50% drop after a certain period of time ,which can affect perfromance in daily life

qualcomm on the other hand . i believe waited enough for this new architecture to mature and release it

Now my point is i dont see any advantage you can have over SD when compared to the exynos variant ,except for the wolfson dac
in fact if you look at the cons against pros , the balance is in SD's favour,right now, perhaps it could swing in the future, who knows

Well let me see if anandtech has done any benchmarks on them or wait for them to.. a more definitive verdict can be reached then

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
nough said-
CyanogenMod developer slams Exynos phones for lack of proper support - GSMArena Blog
old article i know but it proves the point everyone here is trying to make

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
:facepalm: if theres one drawback that the Android Legend, Galaxy S2/S advance ever had,it was exynos
lack of complete roms despite it being an awesome phone,something or the other was always missing and causing issues thanks to exynos

that was the only exynos so far which did well, except for some screen issues i dont think it had any major issues and it did have good developer support too , (im talking about the original variant, they replaced it with an inferior version in India later on)

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
True ignorance is defining ignorance yourself to suit your needs.

They be facts, mon ami ! and if making a logical deduction on the basis of facts is ignorance, then yes I am ignorant :)

- - - Updated - - -

exynos was ignored by developers mostly because samsung havent provided proper documentation, sources etc.. it has nothing to do with the architecture
and the a57+a53 is 64bit and it has been implemented only in the recent note 4 variant, samsung adopted the big little architecture earlier than everyone but their implementation was far from perfect, like throttling issue, poor optimisation,mediocre gpu etc, (compared to SD), over the course of time they have managed to solve the issues little by little which is evident in the benchmarks ,you had posted in the OP,
now what you need to remember is these soc have HMP enabled ,which probably means almost all the cores are active when the benchmarks are done, which is never a real usage scenario and there is almost a 50% drop after a certain period of time ,which can affect perfromance in daily life

qualcomm on the other hand . i believe waited enough for this new architecture to mature and release it

Now my point is i dont see any advantage you can have over SD when compared to the exynos variant ,except for the wolfson dac
in fact if you look at the cons against pros , the balance is in SD's favour,right now, perhaps it could swing in the future, who knows

Well let me see if anandtech has done any benchmarks on them or wait for them to.. a more definitive verdict can be reached then

Do you even know what you are talking about ?.In HMP enabled exynos chips all 8 cores run together ALL THE TIME !, all 8 cores are active all the time and not just for benchmarks.

The difference lies in the clock speed of individual cores, in an idle state each core runs at a low clock-speed and the speed is increased with demand.

Also all 4 cores being used in the Qualcomm chip is not a real life scenario.And when it comes to single core performance the A57 or even the 32 bit A15 found in other Exynos chips handily beats the Krait core inside Qualcomm.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
krait cores>>>exynos any day
krait series phones are still popular today,enough to make people go for them over even the SD400 sometimes
plus exynos version phones battery life and support is much lesser than SD variants

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
What I meant is, with HMP all the cores are available and in benchmarks they will be running at maximum frequency that is all 8 cores but in real life usage the hmp is used in such a way that cpu intensive threads are handled by the higher clocked for example a15 or the a57 while the less intensive threads will be offloaded to lower clocked a7/a43
Which means the benchmarks doesn't really transfer to real world usage
And oh the difference isn't restricted to clock speeds alone I guess the a7 cores are more power efficient and there are some other differences I believe
Another thing exynos 5433 chipset I guess is the first implementation of the new ARM architecture and we need more testing to pass a final verdict on it
sD 805 is an improved version of the tried and tested soc
Well that said I had clearly written what point I was trying to make, so it would be more use full if you reply to that instead of nitpicking

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Exynos is technically a better processor than SD, at least on Note 4. You run that sodding Antutu, you get a higher score on Exynos, you run that Qudarant or whatever, you get a higher score on Exynos. But in real life who is that much idiot to do those things? Are you gonna play Crysis on it and notice how many frames you are getting? Jeez!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Watch MKBHD's Note 4 review... -- *www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoQKLOrAU4E

The battery life on the Snapdragon 805 version of Note 4 is way better than the one on the Exynos version.

LegendKiller

In the zone
It seems some people can never be happy. for 3 years every spec-junky was slamming Samsung for two things : Plastic body and "inferior" exynos processor.

Now that sammy has addressed bot the issues , and to my eyes the best phone in the market, people are still complaining.

I read somewhere that said LG UI is crap......it might have been so earlier but my G3 has a very good,smooth UI.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^i agree with your points but samsung still has to address quality and service centre issues
though i will admit with the galaxy alpha,it has gotten better
touchwiz is the worst android UI in terms of performance and memory management even if it actually is rather innovative with respect to features like multi window etc
i wouldnt crown any phone as the best phone ever because its like asking which is the best medicine in the world

Few months back someone was complaining about how Samsung is giving only Exynos version of galaxy S5 in India and not giving Snapdragon.
Now someone is complaining about the exact opposite.
Consumers... Consumers.... Consumers... we dont even know what we actually want....no wonder mega companies tend to ignore us...

Top Bottom