Galaxy Note 4 : Samsung cheating on customers in India ?

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I am a Galaxy S5 user, so naturally I was interested in what the Note 4 had to offer.As with every flagship samsung device Note 4 has two versions, one with a Snapdragon 805 chip and the other with a Exynos 5433(renamed as Exynos 7) chip.

I was waiting for a comparison between both versions and finally found one.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Review > Exynos & Snapdragon Performance - TechSpot

After reading the above data, I feel that Samsung has released the inferior version(SD 805) here in India.Both chipsets perform at the same level, in fact the exynos wins 7/10 benchmarks !.

The exynos chip also has some other significant advantages over the SD 805 chip

1. It is 64 bit chip, with 64 bit support being released with Anroid L, the exynos chip would be able to run 64 bit apps.

2. The Exynos 5433 uses a Wolfson DAC which is significantly better than the Qualcomm DAC

3. Since it is Samusng's in house silicon, Samsung would be able to price it lower.

Samsung has duped the Indian customer again and they along with so many "geeks" on this forum will buy the inferior version.

I wish Samsung releases the Exynos version in India.

Cheers !
Abhijit

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I am glad Samsung is finally releasing the Snapdragon version of phones in India instead of cheating customers by releasing their inferior Exynos chipset as they did all these years.

tkin

Back to school!!
Ask yourself, will you take the chipset used by only 2/3 phones with small scale development? OR will you take the google android L reference chipset which will be used by 99% of all high end phones? Benchmarks means squat.

HBK007

Journeyman
Ask yourself, will you take the chipset used by only 2/3 phones with small scale development? OR will you take the google android L reference chipset which will be used by 99% of all high end phones? Benchmarks means squat.
Exactly! I am really happy to see this interesting development in the world of Samsung India.......

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
:lol: dont follow benchmarks blindly,SD>>>exynos overall
snapdragon has better support,roms,more flexible to tweak etc
exynos is not worth it at all

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
:lol: dont follow benchmarks blindly,SD>>>exynos overall
snapdragon has better support,roms,more flexible to tweak etc
exynos is not worth it at all

I am satisfied with Samsung's UI, I don't install custom ROM's.I want my games and apps to run faster and my music to sound better.

I believe in benchmarks because they measure the raw performance of a chip-set and that is all I believe in.

tkin

Back to school!!
I am satisfied with Samsung's UI, I don't install custom ROM's.I want my games and apps to run faster and my music to sound better.

I believe in benchmarks because they measure the raw performance of a chip-set and that is all I believe in.
Are your games not running fast enough? My phone has the old SD800 Chipset and I can play all games in playstore without any issues. Apps also run fast and without any hitch. For the sound part I do agree. But even with a DAC it won't help much unless Samsung reworks the audio api in android, will need to see reports for this.

As for me, I'd gladly give away performance is the usability is better, the reason why I stay away from intel based android devices.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Are your games not running fast enough? My phone has the old SD800 Chipset and I can play all games in playstore without any issues. Apps also run fast and without any hitch. For the sound part I do agree. But even with a DAC it won't help much unless Samsung reworks the audio api in android, will need to see reports for this.

As for me, I'd gladly give away performance is the usability is better, the reason why I stay away from intel based android devices.

SD800 isn't old. I have a SD S4 Pro (APQ8064) and it does that as well :lol:

Instead of spending buttload of money on new SoC and its RnD, samdung should focus on making a new UI from scratch. Even adapting stock android UI would do.

They should release kitkat for one of their previous flagships, the I9300 (international s3) rather than dumping the s3 users and saying that kitkat with crapwiz won't run smooth on 1 gb ram. -_-
(yeah, low end Moto E runs kitkat very smoothly)

Their UI is the worst followed by the way they first overprice a device and then slash it by 20% within 15 days of launch. Not to mention poor device specifications in mid range and low range phones.

Last edited:
OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz

My games are not running fast enough. I have tried Asphalt 8 on my SGS5 and my friends One M8, if according to you Mali T628MP6 and Adreno 330 are powerful enough to run the game smoothly why do I experience low FPS and frame drops ?

As for sound, my previous phone was an LG Optimus G.It had a Qualcomm DAC and I thought that it sounded ok until I heard the Wolfson DAC inside my SGS5.There is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE !, the qualcomm DAC sounded like a whining cat when compared to the Wolfson DAC inside my SGS5.

I reiterate, I prefer BRAINS OVER BEAUTY.

Cheers!
AbhMkh

- - - Updated - - -

SD800 isn't old. I have a SD S4 Pro (APQ8064) and it does that as well :lol:

Instead of spending buttload of money on new SoC and its RnD, samdung should focus on making a new UI from scratch. Even adapting stock android UI would do.

They should release kitkat for one of their previous flagships, the I9300 (international s3) rather than dumping the s3 users and saying that kitkat with crapwiz won't run smooth on 1 gb ram. -_-
(yeah, low end Moto E runs kitkat very smoothly)

Their UI is the worst followed by the way they first overprice a device and then slash it by 20% within 15 days of launch. Not to mention poor device specifications in mid range and low range phones.

Nobody cares about the UI, go buy Apple if you want a beautiful UI. I am comfortable with the UI as it is.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
No I don't think it's cheating by any means. I mean I and others also, have bashed Samsung so many times because they always have released the Exynos version here while EU always got the SD version. It is needless to say the SD versions are better than Exynos ones, because the bugs are less in SD version, and there are just so many support for SD variants. Exynos is dumb when it's about XDA support, and I still believe it's pointless to buy a droid if it doesn't have any support.
However in this case as the Exynos is 64 bit and L will support 64 bit apps that's kind of a bummer for the SD Note 4 owners. But I am quite sure Sammy will release the Exynos version too, just like they did with S5, both Exynos and SD are available officially in India.

tkin

Back to school!!
My games are not running fast enough. I have tried Asphalt 8 on my SGS5 and my friends One M8, if according to you Mali T628MP6 and Adreno 330 are powerful enough to run the game smoothly why do I experience low FPS and frame drops ?

As for sound, my previous phone was an LG Optimus G.It had a Qualcomm DAC and I thought that it sounded ok until I heard the Wolfson DAC inside my SGS5.There is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE !, the qualcomm DAC sounded like a whining cat when compared to the Wolfson DAC inside my SGS5.

I reiterate, I prefer BRAINS OVER BEAUTY.

Cheers!
AbhMkh

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody cares about the UI, go buy Apple if you want a beautiful UI. I am comfortable with the UI as it is.
Not sure, could be software problem, or optimization problem, I can play Asphalt 8 for hours without any hitch.

PS: Asphalt loads ads and data behind the scenes, if you have internet connected the app might hitch sometime trying to load data.

PS: What headphone did you use when you tried the different DACs?

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Not sure, could be software problem, or optimization problem, I can play Asphalt 8 for hours without any hitch.

PS: Asphalt loads ads and data behind the scenes, if you have internet connected the app might hitch sometime trying to load data.

It is the same thing, with or without data.I believe there is a difference in your and my perception of smooth game-play.I tried the DAC's using my Shure SE215 and my Sennheiser HD558.

tkin

Back to school!!
It is the same thing, with or without data.I believe there is a difference in your and my perception of smooth game-play.I tried the DAC's using my Shure SE215 and my Sennheiser HD558.
May be, I wouldn't know how much fps looks smooth to you, however I had never played any game below 60fps on PC, and 60fps looks smooth enough for me.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Crapwiz :wink:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Everything is about the UI. That's why people have bought Moto E/G/X when they could've easily bought another one from Samdung's junkyard in the same price bracket. Compare Motorola's or LG's UI to that of samdung's crapwiz. On a same hardware, Motorola's would be the smoothest, followed by LG, and then samdung, even though both moto's and LG's UI look better.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
LG's UI is THIRD CLASS, even that could be an understatement.

If anyone has done Android's skin good that's hTC only. I am not counting Motorola as it is basically pure Android, there is literally nothing on top of it.

D

Deleted member 118788

LG's UI is THIRD CLASS, even that could be an understatement.

If anyone has done Android's skin good that's hTC only. I am not counting Motorola as it is basically pure Android, there is literally nothing on top of it.

Who said to you that? LG UI is decent and butter smooth.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Who said to you that? LG UI is decent and butter smooth.
I was going to go for the G3, so went to see a G2 of my friend's. It was nowhere near as butter, it was in that half an hour experience laggy like hell and awful, simply awful. When I hit on Twitter app, it took 3 seconds to open, at first I thought I wasn't clicking it!

D

Deleted member 118788

I was going to go for the G3, so went to see a G2 of my friend's. It was nowhere near as butter, it was in that half an hour experience laggy like hell and awful, simply awful. When I hit on Twitter app, it took 3 seconds to open, at first I thought I wasn't clicking it!

Most probably a problem with your friend's device. I am using LG G2 from 6 months which includes the Stock LG Rom and Custom Roms. It has been super smooth for me on both. The Stock UI is good enough but the G3 ROM UI is the best you can find on a phone.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Most probably a problem with your friend's device. I am using LG G2 from 6 months which includes the Stock LG Rom and Custom Roms. It has been super smooth for me on both. The Stock UI is good enough but the G3 ROM UI is the best you can find on a phone.
That's what I checked very firstly, he was using LG's stock ROM. The phone was rooted that's all, but everything else was on stock. I saw that when I restarted the phone it became smoother / faster, but after using it for another 15 minutes it was all same! Don't know, absolutely didn't like it.

Top Bottom