G.Skill Sniper DDR3 4 GB Mini-Review

flyingcow

Shibe
Hello guys, This is my first review on the G.Skill Sniper DDR3 4 GB RAM. I bought it through flipkart for Rs.2220.It was my first international debit card purchase so didn't want to buy from MDComputers.
Here are some specifications-

-4 GB (1 x 4 GB) 1600 MHz DDR3 DIMM

-DDR3-1600/PC3-12800

-Pins 240-pin

-Model ID-F3-12800CL9S-4GBSR

-CAS Latency- 9-9-9-24-2N

-Test Voltage 1.5 V

This RAM really looks sexy. Flipkart delivered in 2 days, Flipkart packaging was very good, it came with a bubblewrap :) , I guess that is normal . (Sorry for the camera quality).

*i.imgur.com/29MacFu.jpg

Here is a closeup
*i.imgur.com/foso4Uy.jpg

It came with a G.skill sticker too :)

*i.imgur.com/LL7vF4J.jpg

Here is another photo-

*i.imgur.com/24BzRCv.jpg

I cant really test it out because My motherboard doesnt support it, but bought it for my future computer, so that the initial price wont shoot up :twisted:
But will show you performance and OC it when I buy my new computer.

I am really happy with it, especially the looks. If you want to buy it buy it from mdcomputers. I did a mistake by buying it from flipkart for about 500 rs more :(

Hope you liked it.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Good.but you missed the important part-'The Review'.Hope you will add it here once you get a new computer;)

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Where did the pictures went , I went with Ripjaws (cause they looked better to me) , other than the heat spreaders both Ripjaws and Sniper are basically same. I bought 1 4GB Stick for 1510 (flipkart) , the prices have gone way up from then .

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
Where did the pictures went , I went with Ripjaws (cause they looked better to me) , other than the heat spreaders both Ripjaws and Sniper are basically same. I bought 1 4GB Stick for 1510 (flipkart) , the prices have gone way up from then .

Yeah the prices suddenly shot up, I bought sniper because I liked its looks :) , any ways personal preference.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
The text where sniper is written is a sticker but the black part isnt a sticker. The lines are kinda engraved and the designs pop up.I cant describe it :p

i understand i have ocz gold ram, i know what you are talking about.

*www.ocztechnology.com/images/products/auto_images/gold_DC.jpg

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
i have a stick of vengenence and a stick of sniper

sniper is better
why?
because
1. sniper have small heat sink
2. sniper looks better than vengence (to me)
3. sniper boots without any hicup (venvence takes cmos reset and
4. sniper have jedec 1600mhz while vengence is limited to 1333 jedec profile (while both have xmp 1600)
5. sniper can go upto 2000-2133mhzcl11 with ease by increasing voltage to 1.6v while vengence have hard time to touch 2000mhz even at voltage over 1.6v
6. latency wise, sniper can go down to cl8 @1600mhz while vengence can't, and @1333mhz sniper can go down to cl7 with ease without voltage boost while vengence can't make it to below 8 and requires extra voltage to hit cl7@1333mhz

overall sniper is much better than vengence
i bought this sniper few months ago from flipkart for Rs1568 and after 4-5 days i saw that price went above 2000

i wanted to buy another sniper and wanted to sell my vengence ram but bill of vengence is with cpu and motherboard bill so seems like i can't sell it

Top Bottom