Funny thing happening - Show Hidden files/folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huzefa

Journeyman
Guys whenever I try to toggle the Show Hidden files/folders in the explorer, folder options --> view It keeps on getting turned off by itself... consequently I cannot see any of my hidden folders or system files... wats going on ??? totally confused and already scanned using all possible scanners , malware scanners and ad-aware scanners!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Virus attack. Your installed AV won't be able to detect it as it got already infected. Try re-installing a AV and update it and run a full scan. Otherwise if you are in an unlimited plan scan your PC online(this is the best option).

I recommend AVG as free AV.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
U can try this...

23. I can't see Hidden files/folders in my computer. Even I enable the option "Show hidden files/folders" in "Tools -> Folder Options", its automtically disabled again.

Sol: Open regedit and goto:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden
Under this key, you’ll see 2 more keys “NOHIDDEN” and “SHOWALL“. Make sure that the values of “CheckedValue” and “DefaultValue” in right-side pane are “2” and “2” for “NOHIDDEN” and “1” and “2” for “SHOWALL” respectively. If its not so, then change them and you’ll be able to enable/disable these options in “Folder Options”.

You can also alter Hide/unhide settings using registry as following:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
In right-side pane, change value of "Hidden" to:

1 - To show hidden files
2 - To not show hidden files

Source: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61413

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
U can try this...

Source: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61413

thnkx for that rhitwick , it worked :) but I cant find any virus in my system... now the hidden files remain unhidden and the option remains on show hidden files...
Any chance a virus could still be lurking around ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom