Funny IE6 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

pravin4u

Broken In
I've installed IE6 and SP1 for that, recently it has started acting funny,

:arrow: I put the address www.orange.co.in/myorange [enter]
it goes to *hmtl-si.orangemail.co.in/webapp/orange/pa/cusservice.jsp then

:arrow: I put my orange number & passwd in field, instead of loging in to my a/c it displays the page :
*hmtl-wisi.orangemail.co.in/webapp/orange/pa/orangeh.jsp :roll:

with number & passwd field blank :!:

I tried deleting temp files, cookies, history, forms but same problem

though I can access my a/c from friends pc :!:

What do u guys think, whats the problem :?: :?:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i dont have any such issues-i can log in. has this problem started now? was this working properly earlier? do u hav a post paid number or a pre paid number?

OP
P

pravin4u

Broken In
ya this problem has started from yesterday. it was working fine till then. It has nothing to do with post paid or prepaid anyhow orange doesnt provide this service for prepaiders. :)....so any guess guys ??

OP
P

pravin4u

Broken In
ok thanx guys, that hijackthis matter will take some time for me to uderstand it completly, mean while is it good idea to use a personal firewall for such matters and if yes which is the best free personal firewall. right now i am using Norton 2003 :)

ice

In the zone
I wont recommed a firewall for u... why dont u use Spybot SnD and adaware... And immunise ur pc with "Spybot's immunise option"

Oh and also use Java Cools' Spyware Blaster

contact_lalit

Broken In
Regarding a Firewal, I feel in todays situation, a Firewall is a must for everybody who connects to the net in whatever manner. Till now I have been using ZoneAlarm, which I felt was quite effective. But recently I felt that it has some compatibility problems (the latest version 5.x) with Outlook Express and hence has disabled it (not uninstalled) for the time being. I need to make some tests. Personally I feel that all Norton products while good are very resource hoggers and I never use them. Like for Anti-Virus, I like and use AVG (A free but excellent product from www.grisoft.com) and Kaspersky (trial version is available from www.kaspersky.com). I have not tested any other firewalls. Any suggestions.

svenkat83

Journeyman
Pravin,When did 28kbps become a broadband connection????
If you have a broadband connection,try using Safe Mode with N/w option..If it works then it must be some kind of Spyware.If it still doesn't work,God only knows!!

girish_b

Journeyman
2b kpbs...broad band?????? in which age he is living???? can anyone claim that they are on broad band when they are not having atleast 512 kpbs?????

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
dude, at least in India, even 28kbps is considered broadband. and lemme remind u that even in other countries cablenet starts frm 384kbps. so dont think broadband only means speeds above 512kbps.....

girish_b

Journeyman
Nemesis said:
dude, at least in India, even 28kbps is considered broadband. and lemme remind u that even in other countries cablenet starts frm 384kbps. so dont think broadband only means speeds above 512kbps.....
you may have read the article in july digit.. dearminister,lend me an ear it says in japan there are connections for 24 dollars with a speed of 12mpbs. then what?when we will be able to try those things here in india???

godzi_85

In the zone
when we will have 12 mbps speed in india... japan i guess will have 100 mb or even 1gb speed....... i don`t think we`ll stand anywhere then either.... so i guess we should be happy with we got rt now.. cause hey this is india!!

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well guys learn to be happy ! i m sure in near future v sure r gonna get high speeds.be optimistic.and think bout the ppl who do not live in major cities.the speed they r getting is pitiful.

did ne one try the sygate personal firewall? i think its cool

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
try this file to check wht's installed ...

h**p://www.winxptutor.com/download/ToolbarCop.zip

foreveranuj

Broken In
Spyware Programs

Hi,

Run Spybot and Ad Aware > Delete the Entries found and reboot the machine. Should be all set after that.

If needed, Repair IE after that...but tht wont be needed.
Regards
Anuj

OP
P

pravin4u

Broken In
svenkat83 :

Pravin,When did 28kbps become a broadband connection????

girish_b :

2b kpbs...broad band?????? in which age he is living???? can anyone claim that they are on broad band when they are not having atleast 512 kpbs?????

Ha Ha thats what they say *www.pacenet-india.com they r broad band ISP so thought.... anyway i am ready to change it in my sig if u dont like it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom