FullHD smart tv under 40K

shreeux

Movie Buff
but in case of samsung there is an option to load .srt files right...?
and for some .mkv files subtitles are embeded on that , what about those subtitles..?

I don't about samsung.

Embeded will display as usual, but font size will small

Minion

Conversation Architect
No problem.

Not just the idea. Even in practice, the image quality of a fully calibrated UHD tv looks nothing short of spectacular. You have to actually see one, in person to actually appreciate it.

You can't compare current 8-bit panels to 10-bit and 12-bit panels, which is what you are doing by drawing comparisons to Sony Bravia W900. What you are referring to is Live Colour and that's not the same thing. The W900 conforms to the rec. 709 HDTV standard. It cannot go beyond that. If it does, colours will be over saturated if not calibrated professionally. Making the image vivid but inaccurate.

Rec. 2020 is the UHD standard. Offering you a much wider range. When properly calibrated colours won't look saturated but more realistic. And no, a properly calibrated tv should not be dull, it should be accurate. It is the way the image is meant to be perceived.

The problem is, there are so many poorly calibrated screens, that when a properly calibrated one, in a low to moderately lit environment, placed next to it, will look dull in comparison. The first thing you need to do is turn off EVERYTHING. Don't use any feature of your LED tv. Then professionally calibrate it to get the most accurate image possible.

HDR and WCG is an amazing leap forward. Exciting times are ahead, for sure. You are confusing that with Dolby Vision. Forget about Dolby Vision for the time being. HDR 10 is where it is at right now. Dolby Vision will only improve and get cheaper to implement, but not right now. Not on a consumer level anyway.

Oled is great, but pricey. The cost of an UHD OLED with all the bells and whistles costs more than $30,000. I'll stick to LED. And it does not have a short lifespan. It's long enough to last a typical household under normal use for many years.

I think you are talking about these
Ultra Slim 4K UHD TV with Android | X9000C | Sony I

Kaltrops

In the zone
I think you are talking about these
Ultra Slim 4K UHD TV with Android | X9000C | Sony I
No, that tv illustrates my point. It's easy to mistake that for a Full UHD tv. That is a 4K ready TV. It has the resolution, but it does not have the UHD technology.

That Sony panel is a Rec. 709 screen, which is the old HDTV standard. Rec. 2020 is the new UHD standard. Unless a screen conforms to that standard COMPLETELY, it is not a True UHD panel.

The uninformed consumer will go into the store thinking, that TV is a true 4K screen, he spends over 2 lac's, but then realises, he has to sell it in a year or buy another one. Why? Because it doesn't have native WCG so it isn't true, and HDR technology. It is not a 100% Rec. 2020 10-bit panel.

This is what I'm talking about - -

To summarise, no 4K television is better-equipped than the Samsung JS9500 to traverse the uncharted waters of UHD whose next phase involves going beyond more pixels (4K resolution) to attaining better pixels (10-bit colour depth, WCG and HDR). Accordingly, we’ve downgraded the Panasonic AX802 and Sony X9005B, and made the Samsung UE65JS9500 the sole holder of our “Highly Recommended: Best in Class” award.

Samsung UE65JS9500 (JS9500) SUHD TV Revie

This panel is a True UHD Premium Display. It is a native 4K, HDR, WCG 10-bit panel.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Brought sony 52d model :)
36k , waiting for installation.

They are suggesting to go for flexible wall mount installation so that wee can remove and plug cables behind the tv easily it seems.
any one tried that..?

- - - Updated - - -

and it is costing 2.4 k

shreeux

Movie Buff

They are suggesting to go for flexible wall mount installation so that wee can remove and plug cables behind the tv easily it seems.
any one tried that..?

- - - Updated - - -

and it is costing 2.4 k

No Idea...Its all depending upon Space in home.,

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Done the instllation , connected my 1tb harddisk , most of files are working. some dvdrip is not opening.
so far happy about the quality.

Minion

Conversation Architect

any one tried that..?

- - - Updated - - -

and it is costing 2.4 k

Congrats enjoy!
get normal one which are free.

danantha

Broken In
Bought Sony 40w56D. Screen clarity even in local cable channel with a very signal strength as medium (yellow) is very good. Waiting for installation from Tata sky :)

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Bought Sony 40w56D. Screen clarity even in local cable channel with a very signal strength as medium (yellow) is very good. Waiting for installation from Tata sky :)

Great , even i was thinking of bigger size , but i was having budget constraint :(

Impressed with sound quality so far , that extra woofer is really good.

BTW , any idea about screen mirroring..?

klananda

Right off the assembly line
Hi Baker & danantha,

w562d - what about sports viewing? Noticed any blur while fast and slow actions (especially football)?
Check out high action movies also. Some people doesn't care about it, but sports loving people will notice.

Because the refresh rate motionflow xr 200 hz , is not real refresh rate. This one is important for sports watching persons.

danantha

Broken In
[MENTION=32982]Baker[/MENTION] ji, screen mirroring takes few seconds to connect, however works perfectly without any issues. Watched GOT first episode of the new season without any trouble. Was mirroring 1080p video from my mobile (Sony z3), works like charm.
[MENTION=322881]klananda[/MENTION]
TBH, the sony's adv compared to other TV is no blur or very fast refresh rate. Watched EPL match and didn't notice any blur or frame skipping. Display is very smooth. I have seen the same in Samsung and even Lg models whixh were priced around 70-80k.

klananda

Right off the assembly line
Are you check both SD and HD channels?
And also in local cable television.

Screen Mirroring: Is it possible thru windows mobile.

danantha

Broken In
I have taken Tata sky for it. Yes, the stutter is not present in both HD and SD, dth and cable

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Its been 1 week , impressed with sound quality . sub woofer is doing a great job.

And screen mirroning with mot x is not success , even though it got connected my phone is getting hanged after that. may be some issue with phone.
And tried phot sharing plus , but couldnt able to select images from gallery.

[MENTION=322881]klananda[/MENTION] : Watched Last 2 CL semifinal on TV , it was awesome experience. picture quality is very good.

[MENTION=16411]danantha[/MENTION]: I am not able to see , Browser option in apps , when i called customer care they are saying it will be available after the software update.

And in apps , for netfix and youtube , am getting icons as blank , even though both are working fine .
like the below pic
13089966_1129216297122476_2140997453_n.jpg

danantha

Broken In
[MENTION=32982]Baker[/MENTION] selecting the screen mirror option and then connecting thru ur mobile phone will help u get the connection faster. We tried with Sony z3 (screen mirroring) and lenovo k4 note (using cast screen). Reg YouTube icons issue, I haven't updated the app and not having any such issue. Reset to factory settings might help or even update might resolve the issue.

BTW, r u using Tata sky and ur recommendations for the best package with all sports and English movie channels :)

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Hi Baker & danantha,

w562d - what about sports viewing? Noticed any blur while fast and slow actions (especially football)?
Check out high action movies also. Some people doesn't care about it, but sports loving people will notice.

Because the refresh rate motionflow xr 200 hz , is not real refresh rate. This one is important for sports watching persons.

What is refresh rate for other brands in the similiar price range..?

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=32982]Baker[/MENTION] selecting the screen mirror option and then connecting thru ur mobile phone will help u get the connection faster. We tried with Sony z3 (screen mirroring) and lenovo k4 note (using cast screen). Reg YouTube icons issue, I haven't updated the app and not having any such issue. Reset to factory settings might help or even update might resolve the issue.

BTW, r u using Tata sky and ur recommendations for the best package with all sports and English movie channels :)

Am with airtel dth , even it is having less HD channels comparing to tata , but all my favorites are there.

After reset the factory setting , do i need to configure the wifi again..?
Sound levels are different for TV , youtube and from USB. will it be like that..?

danantha

Broken In
Yes reset will remove the wireless settings...refresh rate achieved thru the software intervention by the companies will always be higher than the actual panel refresh rate. However, Sony software seems to process and give seamless video compared to other brands, in a similar price range.

danantha

Broken In
[MENTION=32982]Baker[/MENTION] saab, can u try using the 'Refresh Internet content' option after connecting to Internet. The blank icon issue seems to get resolved by the same issue.

Top Bottom