FullHD smart tv under 40K

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Yes,But which one you are going to buy?

today or tomorow , i am taking my pendrive with different formats with subtitles to croma , and whichever between sony w56d and samsung j5730 supports all formats and looks good to be will be selected :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW , i am seeling my old CRT videconn 21 inch , which i purchased 7 years back. it was around 7.5k that time.
How much should i expect for that now..?

shreeux

Movie Buff
today or tomorow , i am taking my pendrive with different formats with subtitles to croma , and whichever between sony w56d and samsung j5730 supports all formats and looks good to be will be selected :)

Get all top formats must be 1080 content will be good..also check with H.264 or H.265 video coding.,

Kaltrops

In the zone
I'm saving my money for Real 4K TV's end of the year and next year. Not the 4K-ready sets they are selling now. Current 4K TV's are all a marketing gimmick and a waste of money.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Get all top formats must be 1080 content will be good..also check with H.264 or H.265 video coding.,

i do have most 720p brrip files , anyway if that works also fine for me

- - - Updated - - -

BTW , i am seeling my old CRT videconn 21 inch , which i purchased 7 years back. it was around 7.5k that time.

Minion

Conversation Architect

- - - Updated - - -

2k maybe.

danantha

Broken In
Baker saab, can u tell the price quoted for 43w80D. When I enquire in reliance Digital, max they can come down to 65K only. 2 years additional warranty from reliance seems to cost extra 9k.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Kaltrops

In the zone
4k Tvs gimmick how?

Okay, my explanation of the technology is a lot longer, but I will offer the short version -

People think Ultra HD is all about the 4K resolution. It's not. Well not entirely. UHD is a technology, one that's never been used before. Never been possible before. We will see an image quality that will blow our minds and that has more to do with the technology than the resolution.

Current TV's are based on the old CRT technology. The colour gamut is merely a tiny percentage of what our eyes can perceive. True Ultra HD TV's offer a Wide Colour Gamut and HDR technology. Those two are game changers and will forever alter the way we perceive images.

Black levels will be as accurate as real darkness. White level will be as bright as the midday sun. Colour saturation will be more than our eyes can perceive. Offering life-like images, never before seen. It will be like looking out of a window.

True Ultra HD offers striking visuals that simply aren't possible at the moment. Most 4K TV's on the market don't offer this technology, well, not on a consumer level, at least. It will take some time before we get there. So, by the end of this year and next year, we shall see what Ultra HD is really about.

That is why I think it's a marketing gimmick. Retailers are using the hype of "4K" resolution to drum up sales, and the average Joe will not question it. He will simply see a board saying "3840x2160 Resolution" and he will say "Wow! That's double the resolution of Full HD (1920x1080)". Not realising that their new shiny, expensive 4K TV will be obsolete in a year.

And even if he did question it, the shopkeeper wouldn't have a clue about Rec. 2020, 10-bit panels, HDR and WCG technology.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160419/38bb5f923df7f4ca79eb0488b0253f53.jpg

Here, watch these videos. It will allow you to have a much better grasp on the technology of UHD (4K) -

Understanding HDR: An Interview with Joel Barsotti and Stacey Spears - YouTube

Panasonic 4K Picture Quality Meets Hollywood Standards - YouTube

Start the second video at the 3:47 mark.

Cheers.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Baker saab, can u tell the price quoted for 43w80D. When I enquire in reliance Digital, max they can come down to 65K only. 2 years additional warranty from reliance seems to cost extra 9k.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

i didnt checked the price for that model

Minion

Conversation Architect
Okay, my explanation of the technology is a lot longer, but I will offer the short version -

People think Ultra HD is all about the 4K resolution. It's not. Well not entirely. UHD is a technology, one that's never been used before. Never been possible before. We will see an image quality that will blow our minds and that has more to do with the technology than the resolution.

Current TV's are based on the old CRT technology. The colour gamut is merely a tiny percentage of what our eyes can perceive. True Ultra HD TV's offer a Wide Colour Gamut and HDR technology. Those two are game changers and will forever alter the way we perceive images.

Black levels will be as accurate as real darkness. White level will be as bright as the midday sun. Colour saturation will be more than our eyes can perceive. Offering life-like images, never before seen. It will be like looking out of a window.

True Ultra HD offers striking visuals that simply aren't possible at the moment. Most 4K TV's on the market don't offer this technology, well, not on a consumer level, at least. It will take some time before we get there. So, by the end of this year and next year, we shall see what Ultra HD is really about.

That is why I think it's a marketing gimmick. Retailers are using the hype of "4K" resolution to drum up sales, and the average Joe will not question it. He will simply see a board saying "3840x2160 Resolution" and he will say "Wow! That's double the resolution of Full HD (1920x1080)". Not realising that their new shiny, expensive 4K TV will be obsolete in a year.

And even if he did question it, the shopkeeper wouldn't have a clue about Rec. 2020, 10-bit panels, HDR and WCG technology.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160419/38bb5f923df7f4ca79eb0488b0253f53.jpg

Here, watch these videos. It will allow you to have a much better grasp on the technology of UHD (4K) -

Understanding HDR: An Interview with Joel Barsotti and Stacey Spears - YouTube

Panasonic 4K Picture Quality Meets Hollywood Standards - YouTube

Start the second video at the 3:47 mark.

Cheers.

Thanks for elaborating things to me.

Well the idea looks good but Picture with Dolby vision looks blown out. only positive thing about dolby vision is brightness The effect looks similar to true theater effect in Powerdvd 15.

Panasonic videos is all about video processors for enhancing video quality which current tv does.

One thing i don't understand is a calibrated display will always look dull and Dolby vision looks like it has too much contrast and brightness so why this thing is better is beyond my understanding and they are selling this thing as improvement.

All tech from dolby are bad excepts audio standards be it dolby atmos,dolby headphone etc.

Wide color thing Sony has implemented just looks like over saturated colors their w900 series have it you may find these in croma.
With some filters in MPC one can get similar results

Oled tech looks more promising with infinite contrast though but oled have very less life time.

By today's standards Samsung top end models provides awesome Picture quality but they are very expensive too.

Last edited:

Kaltrops

In the zone
No problem.

Not just the idea. Even in practice, the image quality of a fully calibrated UHD tv looks nothing short of spectacular. You have to actually see one, in person to actually appreciate it.

You can't compare current 8-bit panels to 10-bit and 12-bit panels, which is what you are doing by drawing comparisons to Sony Bravia W900. What you are referring to is Live Colour and that's not the same thing. The W900 conforms to the rec. 709 HDTV standard. It cannot go beyond that. If it does, colours will be over saturated if not calibrated professionally. Making the image vivid but inaccurate.

Rec. 2020 is the UHD standard. Offering you a much wider range. When properly calibrated colours won't look saturated but more realistic. And no, a properly calibrated tv should not be dull, it should be accurate. It is the way the image is meant to be perceived.

The problem is, there are so many poorly calibrated screens, that when a properly calibrated one, in a low to moderately lit environment, placed next to it, will look dull in comparison. The first thing you need to do is turn off EVERYTHING. Don't use any feature of your LED tv. Then professionally calibrate it to get the most accurate image possible.

HDR and WCG is an amazing leap forward. Exciting times are ahead, for sure. You are confusing that with Dolby Vision. Forget about Dolby Vision for the time being. HDR 10 is where it is at right now. Dolby Vision will only improve and get cheaper to implement, but not right now. Not on a consumer level anyway.

Oled is great, but pricey. The cost of an UHD OLED with all the bells and whistles costs more than $30,000. I'll stick to LED. And it does not have a short lifespan. It's long enough to last a typical household under normal use for many years.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
will .mkv files work in sony..?
Supported File Formats for USB Compatible Sony TVs (2011 models) : Compatibility : Sony Indi

this link saying not supported..? but the link is updated on 2012

shreeux

Movie Buff
will .mkv files work in sony..?
Supported File Formats for USB Compatible Sony TVs (2011 models) : Compatibility : Sony Indi

this link saying not supported..? but the link is updated on 2012

Yes, .mkv & m2ts also work. But .vob will not support

Note: Coding H.265 will not support any format

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Must have both (video+srt) files same name...will detect automatically and display.

but in case of samsung there is an option to load .srt files right...?
and for some .mkv files subtitles are embeded on that , what about those subtitles..?

Top Bottom