FS: Samsung 21" CRT 1100DF

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixAG

Broken In
Hi,

I want to sell my 21" CRT. It's a Dynaflat model so its one of the last of the truest flat models of CRTs from Samsung.
It has absolutely no problems and works well. I upgraded to a 24inch TFT from Dell, that's why I am selling it.
It's about 1 year 4 months old, so still about 1yr 8 months warranty left.

If you wish to buy it, please quote the price in this thread or PM me. I don't have any expectations as such and will sell it if I find an offer reasonable.

I am located in Delhi. I am not sure whether it would be possible to ship it outside Delhi, as it is very heavy. So mostly you can pick it up or I can get it delivered, in Delhi or NCR.

hash!!

________
Re: FS: Famsung 21" CRT 1100DF

well, i dunno if what im sayin is dumb, but i can prolly manage 2300 bucks, couple of 100s here n there i reckon... its just that u dun wanna give out an expected price, and i have no clue as to how much a second hand 21'' sells for... lolz... so u might as well ignore this if what i said is absurd.... :)
but if u can hold it for a couple of weeks... got papers till the 1st...

OP
PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG

Broken In
Um, considering the fact that a 15" CRT sells for 3500/4500 bucks, I think 2300 is a bit low :) Hehe, but it made me smile, so that counts for something :)

Well, I bought it for 28,000 1.3 years back. I am expecting around 15,000 for it, give or take a few.

abhi1301

gEttIn 0uT@@@ BOXX
what you are expecting is way too high we can easily get a decent 19 TFT for less than that .. +++
thre is a small note of advice .. stop spending on these stupid monitors and go buy an LCD projector wid a screen .. i guess that wld fulfil your sized viewing req. for quite sometime ..

OP
PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG

Broken In
Um, I know, but a TFT can never have the contrast or the pixel response time a CRT has. The picture quality of a CRT is miles ahead of a TFT and I can see that when I put them side to side. Also, a 19inch TFT simply cannot achieve the resolutions or the refresh of a 21inch CRT.

The only reason I am selling it is because I am running out of space on my desk.

You have a good idea to buy an LCD projector, but an LCD projector will never have the resolution a TFT/CRT has. Except for some of the newer HD ones which cost Rs. 2 lakh or something. And I also don't have space in my study to project an image :)
A projector is just not practical when you want to do real work. But its great for watching movies and media.

I know the exact prices of the market as I was a Samsung employee. :) What I am looking for is a price somewhere between the prices of a 17" and a 19" TFT. After all, you really can't expect to get a 21" monitor for the price of a 17" TFT.

As for my price, I realise you might find it high. That's why I said give or take a few thousand. It is negotiable.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
i buy SAMSUNG Sync Master 997 MB Flat 19" inch CRT in feb 12800 and the recent price is 11900.I think abhi1301 don't knowledge about CRT monitor there is no match TFT,LCD they look nice and not take more space but resolution of CRT much better than TFT

Kniwor

Learner
Things have changed lately, TFT screens used to be inferior to CRT's in the early days, about a year ago, but modern TFT's are better than CRT's, good contrast ratio/viewing angle, high refresh rates and crispier images.

hash!!

________
PhoenixAG said:
Um, considering the fact that a 15" CRT sells for 3500/4500 bucks, I think 2300 is a bit low :) Hehe, but it made me smile, so that counts for something :)

Well, I bought it for 28,000 1.3 years back. I am expecting around 15,000 for it, give or take a few.

:) its all good dude...
im tryin to build a dual monitor rig, so i needed a bigger screen for the render-area/workspace... i reckon i'l trash around a bit in nehru place, might just be lucky enought to find a decent 17-19''....
but i guess 15k's kinda high cuz 19k gets u a kickass viewsonic 2ms response lcd.... not for me, but u might wanna slash the price a bit, and kniwor's pretty damn right.... dont get me wrong tho... :)
newayz, thanks....

OP
PhoenixAG

PhoenixAG

Broken In
I said its negotiable. If anyone wants a lower price, please quote it.

And really, CRTs still beat TFTs when it comes to a comparison. And the only TFTs you get for cheap are the TN panels and their contrast ratio is the worst out of all TFTs. Really, why are you arguing this when it was all given in the Feb or Mar issue of Digit? The only 19inch LCD cheaper than 15k is a cheap TN panel which has such poor contrast ratio that you can't differentiate grey from black or dark brown from black. Or even dark blue from black.
And the viewing angle? Have you seen a TN panel or is everything you know about them through marketing pamphlets? :) If you look at a TN panel from the side or anywhere which is not head on with the lcd, you will notice changed or different colours and darkness. I am talking about TN panels here because that is the predominant technology in the Indian markets.

ANYWAY, as I said, the price is negotiable. I am willing to come down a few thousands, if someone wants to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom