FS : Opty 170 + 512X2 UCCC + Foxconn NF4 Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
On offer is a powerful and solid value for money dual core bundle which will easily let u game or browse or multi-task or whatever EASILY. The details of the bundle are as follows :

Processor : AMD Opteron 170 Dual Core

Frequency : 2.0 Ghz

L2 Cache : 1MB

Stepping : CCBE 0610DPMW

Purchased In :
November 2006 from Newegg.

Warranty :
Full 3 years warranty in the USA. I have no idea if it will get warranty in India.

Condition :
Brand new and unused but without the original box. Only the original HSF and the CHIP is there. Friend could not bring the box down due to excess of luggage. And its a RETAIL version of the chip and not an OEM one. Ill ask my friend for the receipt from Newegg as well for the same, if possible.

Motherboard : Foxconn NF4XK8MC-RS micro-ATX s939 mobo

Nvidia Nforce 4 chipset and a very decent motherboard with all basic features and some light overclocking potential as well. I have used this board personally before and found it to be exceptional value for money.

Condition : This will be brand new and purchased only when someone confirms the deal.

Warranty : Full 3 years warranty in India will be there.

RAM : 512X2 1GB Dual Channel Kit Transcend UCCC DDR400 RAM

These sticks were handpicked by Darklord and I have very very easily reached 255mhz (DDR 500 speeds) at STOCK volts and trust me I am a noob overclocker. I guess these have the potential to do more. They have approx 2 years warranty left on them.

I have tested them at 255Mhz at stock volts on 3 totally different motherboards (DFI, Foxconn and Asus) myself so i can guarantee the overclock *www.techenclave.com/forums/images/smilies/happy19.gif

Bundled Price : 16,000/- rupees shipped.

This is a very decent bundle if you are short of cash and need a powerful dual core rig for cheap and keep in mind that the major components in this bundle are BRAND new *www.techenclave.com/forums/images/smilies/happy19.gif

PS : If you are interested in buying the components individually then please PM me.

Kniwor

Learner
how much for procy+ram

actually the cost u are asking is a bit too high, an E6300 will beat the 170, and e6300 with mobo, both new, will cost less than what u are asking for. An opteron 170 is about $169 in US. An e6300 is available there for about $180 and in india for around 8000/-. So maybe you can lower a bit.

I dont mean to spoil your thread, I am actually interested in purchasing the opteron, just let me know.

Last edited:
OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Kniwor said:
how much for procy+ram

actually the cost u are asking is a bit too high, an E6300 will beat the 170, and e6300 with mobo, both new, will cost less than what u are asking for. An opteron 170 is about $169 in US. An e6300 is available there for about $180 and in india for around 8000/-. So maybe you can lower a bit.

I dont mean to spoil your thread, I am actually interested in purchasing the opteron, just let me know.

hmmm if u can get me an opty 170 in india then ill consider what u say.

opty 170's were always and will always be rare here and expensive as well.

and hey where is the opty 170 available for 169$ ???

i got mine from newegg and it still shows approx the same rate,

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103586

add 10$ tax to it and u get a figure of approx 200$ ...and i had paid like 210$ for mine. so i am not making any profit in here dude.

anyways i got the opty for 9.5k myself and will give for 9.5k + shipping. nuthing below that.

ram i can give for 4.5k shipped.

Kniwor

Learner
you said yours is not box,
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103586R

Anyhow, let's not argue, it's your item and your choice to sell it at whatever price. I should not intervene.

Let me know if u plan on dropping the price.

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Only the original HSF and the CHIP is there. Friend could not bring the box down due to excess of luggage. And its a RETAIL version of the chip and not an OEM one. Ill ask my friend for the receipt from Newegg as well for the same, if possible.

@kniwor

thats what i have written in my first post ....stop posting without reading the whole post pal. i dont have to cheat anybody in here for god's sake.

:mad:

Kniwor

Learner
mohit said:
@kniwor

thats what i have written in my first post ....stop posting without reading the whole post pal. i dont have to cheat anybody in here for god's sake.

:mad:

Sorry my mistake, anyhow, I already said I am not to intervene, I don't intend to start an argument or spoil your thread.

How much will you charge for Procy+ram+ASUS A8N-E. just let ne know.

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
^^i dont have any A8NE ...infact i dont have any S939 motherboard ...i just made this bundle so i could sell my stuff.

My A8NE and 3000+ sold already and I am stuck with this coz it arrived late from the USA.

The Foxconn is one of the cheapest and most VFM options for S939 so I was bundling it along with the proccy and ram.

Kniwor

Learner
mohit said:
^^i dont have any A8NE ...infact i dont have any S939 motherboard ...i just made this bundle so i could sell my stuff.

My A8NE and 3000+ sold already and I am stuck with this coz it arrived late from the USA.

The Foxconn is one of the cheapest and most VFM options for S939 so I was bundling it along with the proccy and ram.

yeah i already noticed that. you are asking above 14k for procy+ram does that mean the mobo in your combo is less than 2k

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
^^yep it costs less than 2k. but trust me its the best mobo for the price ...TOTAL VFM.

and ill be purchasing a new one that too with bill and 3 years warranty to make the bundle.

i have used the same mobo earlier too :)

EDIT : and i am just asking 14k + shipping for the proccy and ram ...and i think its pretty decent :D

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i feel that is LOW BALLING ...and kindly have the courtesy to atleast pm me ur ultra low quotes rather than posting here and totally crapping my sale.

thanks pal for ur kind deed.

:D

Kniwor

Learner
Edited the post. Cease to consider any post of mine offensive, I'm trying my best not to start an argument here and every reply of yours makes it seem that I've said something deliberate. I've already said i don't intend to spoil you sale. I sincerely feel you are asking high and hence posted the same.

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Kniwor said:
Edited the post. Cease to consider any post of mine offensive, I'm trying my best not to start an argument here and every reply of yours makes it seem that I've said something deliberate. I've already said i don't intend to spoil you sale. I sincerely feel you are asking high and hence posted the same.
what am i asking high ?

i showed u the current price of the proccy already ...still u say i am asking a high price. since its brand new y cant i expect it to sell at the same price in d market ? and trust me in india opty's are now a rarity and even if u find one ..expect a much much higher price than mine.

the ram also i hv reduced it to less than the current market price ...so why do u still find the prices high ?

and then there is the factor of availability ...temme where in india can u get an opty 170 rite now ? and where can u get ram with uccc chips ??

anyways ...i too dont wanna argue here ...i would rather keep this rig than sell it for anything lower.

thanks for looking.

Kniwor

Learner
price depends on more than that. If there are options in market cheaper/better performing. then nobody cares about availability. you have a processor that is rare, but it's not important, what is important is whether anyone needs it. or they can have something better for that money, and u cant argue it's new, anything once purchased is old, you already said the box is open.

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
listen dude ....getting a lot of stuff frm the usa at a time is not easy ... the box of somethings need to be dumped to avoid customs hassles ... so the box was dumped ...the hsf and the proccy are still packed in their respective small boxes and are untouched and brand new. so claiming my stuff to be old is really lame on ur part.

and even if it wasnt new ...the price u quoted was too low.

and how can u say that having a processor which is not rare is not important huh ?

for example : u hv a dfi + 3000+ some decent/good ddr ram and u r tight on budget but need to go dual core ....then what wud u suggest doing ? buying a whole new setup jst to go dual core or look for a s939 dual core proccy ???

there are many people still stuck on s939 with single core proccies and i think this will be the perfect upgrade for them.

anyways now that u r out of this sale ...i also request u to kindly keep ur comments out frm this thread as well. no offence meant. thanks.

Kniwor

Learner
mohit said:
for example : u hv a dfi + 3000+ some decent/good ddr ram and u r tight on budget but need to go dual core ....then what wud u suggest doing ? buying a whole new setup jst to go dual core or look for a s939 dual core proccy ???

that is exactly the situation one would upgrade, but you should keep the price so as to make the upgrade worthwhile, the 3000+ suppose sells for 2k , then the guy pays 8k for the upgrade, and remains on an old platform, on the other hand if he sells everything for 10k, and get a E6300 with Intel G965 and DDR2 he is on a DDR2 platform in less than 20k, well that will perform better than an opteron 170, and for same money. Look for yourself.

I asked you for a price and if it does not suit you, just say no, nobody is forcing you to sell it. You said it did not look good in the thread and I edited it. It ends there. You keep posing misleading arguments and expect me not to reply. I PM'd you and asked what is the min you can offer, u should've had the courtesy to reply.

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
first of all i dint get any PM frm u ...else i wudnt take ur case over here.

u can ask the mods to check my pm box or details for the same.

secondly comparing a DFI Ultra D or A8NE with an Intel G965 is not done and i think u know that too.

and u r only seeing the amount of money a person is investing in a new setup ...u r not seeing how much he is losing ...suppose he bought the 3000+ for like 6k before ...he is losing almost like 4k on it and suppose he bought the DFI for 8k before he will be losing another 4k on it ...and another 2-3k on ram ...so would it be wise then ?????????

and there is really not a very huge difference between the E6300 and Opty 170 in real world tests ...agreed the E6300 is definitely the better one but then what use will it be with a crapped up Intel 965G board which wont even let u take it to its actual potential ?????

atleast the DFI or A8NE with the Opty 170 can give u a very very very decent overclock.

Kniwor

Learner
mohit said:
first of all i dint get any PM frm u ...else i wudnt take ur case over here.

u can ask the mods to check my pm box or details for the same.

secondly comparing a DFI Ultra D or A8NE with an Intel G965 is not done and i think u know that too.

and u r only seeing the amount of money a person is investing in a new setup ...u r not seeing how much he is losing ...suppose he bought the 3000+ for like 6k before ...he is losing almost like 4k on it and suppose he bought the DFI for 8k before he will be losing another 4k on it ...and another 2-3k on ram ...so would it be wise then ?????????

and there is really not a very huge difference between the E6300 and Opty 170 in real world tests ...agreed the E6300 is definitely the better one but then what use will it be with a crapped up Intel 965G board which wont even let u take it to its actual potential ?????

atleast the DFI or A8NE with the Opty 170 can give u a very very very decent overclock.

the money losing argument is no argument at all, at the end of the day they spend 8k, what they have is an opty170 with A8N-E on 939platform, on the other hand they have LGA775 DDR2 platform, and I will be glad to compete a 20k E63000 combo with opty 170 on A8N-E, I am supremely confident E6300 will win.
You will agree an OPTERON 170 is essentially AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, no more no less.
An E6300 beats it but huge margin look here
*www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=1

the 965 chipset is one of the best out there, if he has a graphics card he can get a P965 chipset mobo.

If you believe that the opteron combo will beat it, you are absolutely wrong my friend.

Again in one had we have onld 170 old platform, in other, everything is new with warranty.

On top of that, why aren't we talking about the platform, what will be DDR1 six months from now, upgradability, quad core will come cheaper later...and here's mobos supporting them, most are 965, the chipset was developed for conroe, you cant doubt the performance. here's the list
*anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2848&p=1
there are lot good/economic options.

and yeah, do PM me ur offer, i have a MSI platinum lying around.

Last edited:
OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
now where in the world did i say that the opty 170 would beat an E6300 ???? point me to that and ill give u my proccy for 2k.

rofl.

and see when i said that the G965 chipset is crappy i meant that its crappy for ocing ...i clearly mentioned that it wont let u take the E6300 to its true potential ....an E6300 is useless (atleast for ocers like u n me) who will have to run it at stock ...that ll suck. ... wont it ? ...it has sexy perfomance even at stock which i agree but then i would love to have a good ocing mobo for it ....thats what will be the benefit if i stick to s939 ...atleast i can oc the opty with the good enuf boards.

and trust me there is not a real HUGE difference between the X2 4200 and E6300 in the real world gaming benchies atleast ...see the links for urself.

and how can u say losing money is baseless ??? does money grow on trees my friend ? see i personally was going to stick with s939 only if this thing wudnt be delayed just coz i was saving money ....which is important to peeps like me atleast ..maybe not to loaded guys like u :p

and ya the future ?? ..hmm well i think an opty 170 ddr1 rig is good enuf for the next 1 year atleast .....it ll let u multi task easily and coupled with like 2gb ram it lll be good enuf ....dont compete with quad cores for now ...rite now we dont even have stuff optimised for dual cores ..so leave quad cores for sometime.

EDIT : and dont expect a price drop frm me ....i wont sell it for less than 9.5k + shipping ...sorry. :)

Kniwor

Learner
mohit said:
and how can u say losing money is baseless ??? does money grow on trees my friend ? see i personally was going to stick with s939 only if this thing wudnt be delayed just coz i was saving money ....which is important to peeps like me atleast ..maybe not to loaded guys like u :p

don't u see they get more value for money at the end of the day, they spend the same amount and they have better stuff, this little thing does not go in your mind??? what is the importance of how much they purchased it for?

If u got a 3200+ for 8k earlier, and now somebody offering you a 6k processor now instead of it, say a pentium D, will you refuse to exchange? what will you say,
"he lost 2k", "he got it for 8k and now he has 6k procy" guess what he has already lost the money even keeping the 3200+ with him, because it's 4k now.

this is probably the lamest thing I've heard recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom