Froyo on Samsung Galaxy 5!

dhanraj

Broken In
Tried installing froyo on Samsung Galaxy 5..

Seems good so far.. not bad for the phone specs..

Below are some screenshots..

Last edited:
OP
D

dhanraj

Broken In
hmm yea... could be the case...

earlier before the update on stock rom.. the score used to come somewhere in the 400 to 500 range though.. atleast some improvement.. :)

OP
D

dhanraj

Broken In
No multitouch support yet.. the developers seem to be working on multitouch for G5..

Changes that i noticed are..
it seems to be working bit more faster.. got rid of the rfs filesystem & got ext2..
Battery life too seems better than before...
has support for apps2sd..

Wifi tethering works on froyo.. tried it.. and its cool.. :)

and slight change in UI and looks..

pauldmps

Banned
I just wanted to confirm. Thanks. I'd better wait for the new Galaxy phones. They would come with Froyo & might get the Gingerbread update.

D@rekills4

In the zone
I flashed my Android with I5801BVJP9 which was made for the Orange Service Provider in France so I have 2 different UIs so that I can switch if I get bored of the other one :D

Battery Life has improved for me by like 25%.....

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Sorry for disturbing you once again but does the 2.2 update comes with Touchwiz or its just the vanilla Android ?

D@rekills4

In the zone
Cool :D

thats for galaxy 3 i guess..

Yeah....
I purposely flashed my phone with the OS from France cause thats the only once available for I5801 with 2.2 Froyo...
The other ones were for I5800 and if I had flashed my I5801 with the I5800 Froyo OS then I would have had more problems and probably would have lost my IMEI number.....

^^ Sorry for disturbing you once again but does the 2.2 update comes with Touchwiz or its just the vanilla Android ?

Touchwiz....

Official samsung update (& tweaked by carrier) will have samsung's touchwiz crap for sure.

The new version of TouchWiz (v3) is not that bad....

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
I kinda like the side-scrolling mechanism in main menu inTouchwiz rather than the bottom-scrolling in the native UI. That's all.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Yeah....
I purposely flashed my phone with the OS from France cause thats the only once available for I5801 with 2.2 Froyo...

my friend upgraded G5 to Froyo but downgraded to stock soon as battery life taken a hit. got the rom from XDA.

The new version of TouchWiz (v3) is not that bad....

not that bad but could have been far better. the new features of touchwiz is really worth it, but seriously not the homescreen. looks like a Java mobile. looses badly to Launcher Pro & HTC Sense.

The one i flashed doesnt has the touchwiz UI. it uses some other custom launcher for UI..

must been packed with some other launcher.

D@rekills4

In the zone
Not that bad but could have been far better. the new features of touchwiz is really worth it, but seriously not the homescreen. looks like a Java mobile. looses badly to Launcher Pro & HTC Sense.

Yeahs, that's true.....

Top Bottom