From where do I get packages for OpenSUSE???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarincv

Journeyman
currently I don't have an internet connection at my system.... so I can't run the software installer in suse... can I use rpm packages for any other distribution in opensuse????

and I need vlc player for suse since its not playing any media files by default....

OP
S

sarincv

Journeyman
are you sure I can download the files offline and run that in my system? coz I searched vlc der, clicked on the install icon, and I got a file of size 1KB....

NucleusKore

TheSaint
What you did is not clear. If you read the thread carefully it's easy. Else see my website, I have the same thing less cluttered there.

OP
S

sarincv

Journeyman
i opened the page *packages.opensuse-community.org/

since I need vlc player, I searched vlc der under opensuse.

I got many links out of which 1 was the media player. There was an Install icon to the right of this. I cicked on this link, and a save file dialog box appeared... I saved the file and its size was only 1 KB..

I have visited your website....here in my office, the download links are blocked....anyway thanks and nice website...created using joomla???

Last edited:

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
You would get direct rpm links through *software.opensuse.org/search but vlc is not listed there, so you can directly go to *packman.links2linux.de/ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom