Friend needs cheapest mobo- OCing FX 4300

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
As the title says,
my friend will be getting the FX 4300 whenver it launches in India and he need the cheapest possible mobo to overclock it.
his total budget for entire rig is ~ 35k.

remaining components are

corsair vengeance 8gb 1600 mhz/ Gskill 8gb 1600 mhz.
Radeon HD 7850
Corsair 500cx v2

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Wait a minute.
I heard that Vishera supports only a 64-bit OS and more importantly only 64 bit software.
I have heard that most games are 32 bit and the thing is that he wants to game on it.:confused:

Cilus

laborare est orare
That MSI board is the worst board for overclocking and has catastrophic VRM (Voltage Regulation Module) failure even at stock speed of the FX processors. The best choice is here is Asus M5A97 @ 6.6K. If want a cheaper one then Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 @ 5.6K

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for your inputs.Didn't expect them to be that cheap.
And I also read that the FX 4300 is as good as an i3 -2120. Is it true ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ not before march/april and who knows may even take more ... anyway, for OCing it's better to have a mobo with VRM heatsink if possible get a GS600 instead of CX500v2.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ Bitfang has listed FX6300/4300 as preorder a few months back and still the status is same as before ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I agree but what you can do unless order/get it from abroad - AMD giving distributors enough time to clear the leftover stock of BD cpus so you might get one for a very cheap rate ;-) or opt for the supremo FX-8350.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ I agree but what you can do unless order/get it from abroad - AMD giving distributors enough time to clear the leftover stock of BD cpus so you might get one for a very cheap rate ;-) or opt for the supremo FX-8350.

He cant afford to spend 12k on a CPU alone. And he doesnt need a monster CPU to game AFAIK. Wouldn't an i3 + 8 gb RAM + HD 7850 do a better job ??

Top Bottom