Frequent System Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yes, you heard it right. Day before yesterday,i was working in my system, while at that time i opened around six applications say eclipse,media player,a mysql server, photoshop and dreamweaver 8. After a few hours, when i press the Build button in eclipse it hangs. So i just re-boot the system by pressing the reset button. And after that while booting, the windows xp loading screen appears and again restarts.
The only solution to this problem is to re-install the OS. The same happened yesterday night too. So i just re-installed the OS and man its really f(king hard to find what's wrong with my PC.

So please tell me whats the posible cause for the frequent system crash.

My PC config is :
E6600@3GHz(Does the OC affect the PC in anyway)
ASUS P5N-MX
2GB DDR2
Zebby 450W PSU
WD 320GB AAKS(This one has some damaged disk space of around 10GB,will it affect the PC by any means)

guys i need ur help so that i myself avoid from re-installing the OS in near feature.Cause it badly affect my job....:evil:

mannrak2003

win2k intrnls xpert
you sure u dont see any BSOD?if possible post the error message.

Assumption no:1:I presume it is your production system and I know you are a professional Web developer

Rule No:1dont ever do any kind of experiments on a production s/m (like overclocking,benchmarking etc).That is from my own experience.

Now for a possible solution.First try to backup all your work on the hard disk If under

warranty send it for an RMA;

Another possible solution.Next time PC restarts press F8:

select "last known good configuration".and see if it helps.

other wise u will have to boot from XP CD and select "repair from recovery console" option.

Last edited:
OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Gosh, i need to send the HDD to RMA but i got loads of data in there. If i send it for RMA my work affects abruptly. So i asked my bro to send his secondary HDD so that i can ensure myself that my work is not halted.

I googled my problem and found that OCing has nothing to do with this issue. Its all about the culprit HDD. So i left with no option, other than RMA my HDD. WD RMA sucks, coz it took a month or two to recieve the replacement.

Anyway thanks for ur suggestions guys.. I'll use the softwares and update here soon..

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Zebby 450W PSU

I think you already mentioned your problem! :twisted:

Did you check your CPU temperatures? High chances are this is because of a faulty PSU. The first incident that happened before you re-installed OS is common with PSU problems!

One more question... Are you OC'ing?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I think you already mentioned your problem! :twisted:
Err..... I had lot of problems these days and so posting it now and then.. I dunno what you've been talking about..

Did you check your CPU temperatures? High chances are this is because of a faulty PSU. The first incident that happened before you re-installed OS is common with PSU problems!
CPU Temperature is normal and PSU is OK. Coz once the system is up, it goes smooth even after a few hours of gaming. And i checked it with my neighbour's PC for two days.....

One more question... Are you OC'ing?
Yup, i am OCing. I just OCed my proccy from stock from 3.25Ghz...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, you heard it right. Day before yesterday,i was working in my system, while at that time i opened around six applications say eclipse,media player,a mysql server, photoshop and dreamweaver 8. After a few hours, when i press the Build button in eclipse it hangs. So i just re-boot the system by pressing the reset button. And after that while booting, the windows xp loading screen appears and again restarts.
The only solution to this problem is to re-install the OS. The same happened yesterday night too. So i just re-installed the OS and man its really f(king hard to find what's wrong with my PC.

So please tell me whats the posible cause for the frequent system crash.

My PC config is :
E6600@3GHz(Does the OC affect the PC in anyway)
ASUS P5N-MX
2GB DDR2
Zebby 450W PSU
WD 320GB AAKS(This one has some damaged disk space of around 10GB,will it affect the PC by any means)

guys i need ur help so that i myself avoid from re-installing the OS in near feature.Cause it badly affect my job....:evil:

Did you not try to force it into Safe Mode...??

Yes..OC'ing can cause system instability. You could have incorrect multipliers set, or providing too less/too much voltages (specially the v-core). Roll-back to 'all stock' and then check.

By the way what happened HERE. Problem seems an offshoot of your previous thread.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Err..... I had lot of problems these days and so posting it now and then.. I dunno what you've been talking about..

CPU Temperature is normal and PSU is OK. Coz once the system is up, it goes smooth even after a few hours of gaming. And i checked it with my neighbour's PC for two days.....

Yup, i am OCing. I just OCed my proccy from stock from 3.25Ghz...

Don't you think that's a bit too much for a Zebby PSU??? I not talking about power. I am talking about clean power. Zebbies, I-Balls cant do that!!! If you don't have a GPU then go for VIP Silver 500W otherwise go for a better PSU. I think that's your root cause!

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Don't you think that's a bit too much for a Zebby PSU??? I not talking about power. I am talking about clean power. Zebbies, I-Balls cant do that!!! If you don't have a GPU then go for VIP Silver 500W otherwise go for a better PSU. I think that's your root cause!

Thats not my problem, but still checked it then...

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
If any of your friends have a good PSU then check your PC with it for a few days. See if there are any changes. May not solve your problem if the root cause is something else. But at least it would be a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom