Frequent Media Scanning

ashank

Right off the assembly line
It has been a while when i rooted my Samsung Galaxy S5830i using stoneboy's universal gingerbeard root. For 5-7 days i got no problem.
One night i put on downloaded many apps on Google Play (5-6) and left it.
Next day, after i rebooted my phone, the problem started.

The phone gets disconnected from the network and starts media scanning every few minutes irrespective of what I'm doing (when when it is locked).
I rebooted the phone twice but to no luck.
As the network was being disconnected everytime so i kept my phone on flight mode. After 10-15 mins media scanning stopped and i removed it from flight mode.
After after reboot it started again. I noticed that even after keeping it on flight mode, it took a long time to stop media scanning. It also stopped if i removed the sd card. To solve the problem i format the sd card and did a factory reset.

After this i started reinstalling the apps. After sometime the problem started again but the frequency reduced. (only twice per reboot) So i ignored the problem. But now it has started again. I also found that When i unroot the phone, the problem disappears, but when rooted, it comes back. :(

Any solution?
I found a similar thread at MetroPCS Attain no signal + other problems - Android Forums, but without any solution.

Last edited:
Top Bottom