Frequent blue creens in windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Whenever i leave my computer idel for some time.A blue screen appears.
The technical info section shows a .sys file also(to give its exact name I have to wait for another :) ) I have an intel original motherboard so no bios caching and shadowing options present,not installed any new hardware recently,softwares-I install 'em almost everyday so difficult to tell which one is causing a problem.My suspect is autpatcher cause it changes various settings.But i have been installing it since it first shown up in digit dvd.So i have three or four versions of autopatcher installed,this is happening from a last few months.Sometimes the bsod appears at boot after welcome screen
and almost always after hibernation,:( i scanned my computer for spyware,viruses etc. but nothing found(nav 2005).I have win xp pro without service packs.

anandk

Distinguished Member
see if something in this thread helps u
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17957&highlight=blue+screen+death

suggest u try system mechanic or tune-up utilities or ace utilities to scrub ur system. :)

Charley

Just Do It
Most commonly it is the CPU overheating. A close second would be bad RAM. The first thing to do if you have this issue is to run the machine till it gives you that error, then immediately reboot it, go into the BIOS and check the CPU temperature. 3/5 times it will be way too hot. Go to the store, buy a new heatsink with a ball bearing fan, pick up some thermal grease while you're at it, and install. Your problem will likely go away.
If not, get some memory that you know is good, and test that out in the system for a while. Be sure to pull out all memory that is currently in the system, or this test will do nothing.

D

dinesh_singh

well said but i think check ur ram with memtest86 for first then go for a cpu check.
its normal with bad ram sticks.

V

vishal_bhatia87

Try to installing OS with the full format option. If it doesnt work then the problem is with your ram. Try installing some other ram sticks borrowed from friends or other sources. Remove the ram that is currently installed and then try with some other ram sticks.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Get the name of the system file listed in the BSOD and the error code that you get. Although faulty RAM is a major reason for BSODs, a lot of times it is due to conflicting devices or drivers/system files. Please post the exact error code and the file identified in the BSOD.

@achacko: Pleas do NOT plagiarize material from other websites and claim it as your own. Here is the link from where you ripped the solution, almost word to word:

*www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/136097.html

agent007bond

Broken In
BSOD in WinXP?

I have seen millions of BSODs in Win98 in my old computer (and have even changed it into BWSOD {black n white SOD}!!), but I have never seen a single blue screen in WinXP Pro in my new laptop!

Does WinXP ever display a BSOD? (It's supposed to be 9 times (??) more stable than Win98.)

I've heard we can fake a BSOD in Windows, but don't remember which version. Can we fake one in Windows XP?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I don't know about faking BSODs, but you can definitely get BSODs in XP. While trying to setup my wireless network, I got so many BSODs, that I lost count. In two weeks, I got more BSODs in XP (Home and Prof) than i ever got in 5 years of using Win95. When XP decides to crash, it's pretty bad :|

champ_rock

champ_rock
when u install a conflicting sofwtware or install a hardware then it can come..
and i am twelling u it scares the S**t out of u...
System Halted ... Rebooting...
System Error no..
contact microsoft techincal suppoert
really scary

agent007bond

Broken In
not very clear, really. if a screenshot is not possible, how about a photo of computer monitor showing the WinXP "BSOD"? and pls give an example of conflicting software or hardware.

thanks anyway!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
A BSOD in Windows XP looks like this.It is very much possible to get BSODs in Windows XP, and with some people, even more so than other OSes. You cannot "fake" a BSOD, but you can force a BSOD with a special registry entry. Look up Google or search at the forums for more information on this. (Search for the term "CrashOnCtrlScroll")

agent007bond

Broken In
i've seen something like that once when i was booting up, but never when when XP was fully started and running.

thanks for the screenshot. u fed my curiosity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom