freeware internet connection software

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
I newly installed Windows XP Home SP2 Edition on my system. I would like to do Internet. So, Can I get any Freeware Software for the use of new Internet connection by means of any website available on the Internet OR Is there any inbuilt Software on the Windows XP Home SP2 Edition itself for the purpose?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
kumarn_2004 said:
I would like to do Internet.
What u like to "do" man? Connect to internet or want free internet connection?

kumarn_2004 said:
So, Can I get any Freeware Software for the use of new Internet connection by means of any website available on the Internet OR Is there any inbuilt Software on the Windows XP Home SP2 Edition itself for the purpose?
U can set up a new internet connection by:
Control panel---> internet options --> connections (tab)
And click on new connection in there.

qarch

Going green anyone?
An old adage localised runs thus - To get a chicken tandoor, first get the chicken.

Internet connection is not free - even if your friend has given his connection to you free or your office/organisation is doing so - they are paying for it. As the others have rightly pointed out, MS windows (win 3.11 & above) are fully geared to connect to the internet.
;-)

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
This is not a topic to discuss much about............

@kumarn_2004
Just make sure you have purchased the internet connection and ask them how to connect...........
You may need to buy a modem or decoder (or whatever you require, depending upon the type of connection) if you havent...........
They will certainly help you.............
By asking the question, it seems like you haven't used the internet at all or somethin like that....................
And BTW, how did you post this thread............

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I think he may get it if hez in America.AOl gives net free for 90 days or something.

I remeber when Juno and Net Zero was feree too. Although now they only charge like $5 a month . The problem though was disconnects after 2 hrs and advertisements.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Free internet providers can provide free internet with ads.................
Check to see if it is available near you..........

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Somehow I dont see Internet being free in India as the telephone bills apply also to the time for connectivity... In US there ar eno charges levied usually for calling your ISP hence if your ISP was freee you basically get a free Internet connection. However is this possible in India? That is for every pulse dont we have to pay some kind of amount for the telephone charge?

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
not understand well

I am sorry to say that you do not understand my question completely and well. I have newly installed Windows XP SP2 Home Edition on my Computer. I would like to do interenet means that should I change any settings on the Windows XP or Is there any inbuilt software available on it or Can i do this with the help of some Freeware Software in order to do internet?
Why I asked you such question is that you know that Windows XP Home edtion is the latest Edition so that it may have any option for it. Then what is option available?

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:roll: there used to be a free service running here @ delhi sum years bak .. by the name of bharatconnect,usd to provide free net but with an addition of a ad bar on top ... but whatever u do .. even if u get a free connection..u still have to pay around 25-30rs for one hour of net access in the form of telephone bill ..nd IT S*** ....

:evil: :evil:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I would like to do interenet means that should I change any settings on the Windows XP or Is there any inbuilt software available on it or Can i do this with the help of some Freeware Software in order to do internet?

I think Im totally lost now... When you say "Can i do this with the help of some Freeware Software in order to do internet?" Are you asking if you can browse the Internet with the software provided on XP , if so yes you can use Internet Explorer which comes on it. Or you can use Firefox or one of the many others .

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:?: :roll:
or do u wanna ask if there are any settings that have to be changed when ur connecting to ur ISP for THE FIRST TIME?? since its ur freshly installed Xp SP2???

if u need ny settings then WE need to know what kind of internet ur using..
is it a broadband,cable net,dialup..etc...if there is a seperate software provided by ISP etc....

:roll:

:twisted: " In order to do the internet"
by the way...how ru rite now "doing the internet" .. ?????
:wink:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
man i cant understand a thing about his question.......

@kumarn_2004 hey dude plz be more clear and elaborate ur problem. I cant understand the problem u r facing . dont worry we are all here to help , just post ur problem in a simple manner so that we can comprehend it and try sloving it for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom