Freeware for children

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakkadbaba

Broken In
Starting this thread, so that we can have links at a common platform, where we can find educational freeware for children aged upto 6 years. These should be education based and attend to requirements of language, alphabets, numbers, colours, logic, painting etc. I feel these will be extremely helpful in helping the toddlers make optimum use of the technology available today. Well, to start, sorry to say that I myself have to start looking for some and cannot contribute immediately.

here r ur softs...some r freeware...

*www.kidsfreeware.com/
*www.smartkidssoftware.com/home.shtml
*www.superkids.com/
*www.flixprod.com
*www.softwareforkids.com/
*www.learningvillage.com/
*www.planetcdrom.com/childrens-software/
*handheld.softpedia.com/get/Educational/Kids-utils/

for some good titles, one has to pay some bucks..... :grin:

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
yaar 6 year olds shudn't they be playing out in the open with real friends and learning through real experiances of touch and feel instead of through d computer, which anyway they will have 2 use extensivley once they grow up a lil' older.
4 now at least, let them run wild out in d open and get intimate with the gr8 outdoors

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
this is interesting man

As far as software for 6years old kid is concern the best is the nature (environment) that he /she lives in

Come on how many of us knows how to play marbles and inturn develop the aiming skills at this adolescent age, I find it intruding that parents force kids to sit in front of the computers at tender age and learn things which are altogether alien to them in all terms and other than to boost their own ego (parental ego) they don’t seem helping its like dad commanding “papu tell uncle where is the leaning tower of Pisa “ and pappu obliges by the answer! But what is the use?? Is the kid going to make the tower straight by his bay blades and all? I mean let him play in the comfort of the playground rather than sitting idiotically duck at personal tutors place and gawking flat screen for hours!

No offence dude but at lest let them play for some times on their own .. remember after that life is going to make him play with rude shocks of life later till his tomb stone age

OP
fakkadbaba

fakkadbaba

Broken In
Dear Slugger and Spironox, I value your sentiments, since I have enjoyed the environment you are talking about. that is why I ensure that children in my area of influence enjoy and inculcate that type of routine. However, if with sensible planning if we can give them the best of both the worlds, then nothing like it and moreso when the children themselves show their inclination and interest when they find you sitting in from of your computer screens. We need to universally agree that todays generation is quick to grasp things, and faster by just observation. But for them to pay attention to their physical capabilities and attributes is also our responsibility which cannot be shrugged. So, lets do that balancing act. Hum honge kaamyaab.

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
scratch from MIT is a very good learning software for kids.. It featured in this month's Digit also..!!
*scratch.mit.edu/

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
edubuntu, but it's not a freeware, it's a FOSS though. It's website *www.edubuntu.org/
You can order it's CD's from *shipit.edubuntu.org/ but that should take 15 days or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom