free software to open rar files

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkmishra1000

Broken In
hello friends
I downloaded a free book from net from the site *betah.co.il/BooksCatalog.aspx? The book is in rar format. will any friend suggest me a site to get free software to enable me to read the book. thanks.
bkmishra

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
The file u hv d/l ed, is compressed in RAR format.
First u hv to extract the contents of this RAR file, u can use ne s/w, like WinZIP, WinRAR or 7-ZIP.
Then after extracting the contents u'll get the actual file which u want to read :wink:

aadipa

Padawan
Vishal Gupta said:
First u hv to extract the contents of this RAR file, u can use ne s/w, like WinZIP, WinRAR or 7-ZIP.
Then after extracting the contents u'll get the actual file which u want to read :wink:

When did WinZip started supporting RAR :shock:

RAR files are like zip files, compressed file archives.

You can try 7-Zip or ZipGenius to extract RAR files. Both are free tools.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
Vishal Gupta said:

WinRAR is not free. it is a 40 day trial. the interface of 7-zip is not very clear. i would reccommend Imploder. it has a very clean interface and is free.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Zip Imploder you mean ..? I heard its shareware ..
7Zip is better because it has better compression ratio and its free ..

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
it_waaznt_me said:
Zip Imploder you mean ..? I heard its shareware ..
7Zip is better because it has better compression ratio and its free ..

i wasnt talking bout Zip Imploder. its simply Imploder. chk it out at download.com. it is free.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hey guys , U mean we cant unzip a RAR file using WINZIP?
But , earlier I used to use WINZIP and have all the compressed files as ZIP files.But now when I installed WinRAR , the same files got converted to RAR and are working fine.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
how did those zip archives become rar files. it never happened with me. i presume that those zip archives became winrar zip archives, if that is what u mean.

OP
B

bkmishra1000

Broken In
thanks friends for the response. i tried zip zenius.
was able to open one book. but i found that another book is in pdb format. how do i open the pdb files

aadipa

Padawan
bkmishra1000 said:
thanks friends for the response. i tried zip zenius.
was able to open one book. but i found that another book is in pdb format. how do i open the pdb files

PDB can be of many types

Chek this *www.filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=pdb+

OP
B

bkmishra1000

Broken In
hello friends
i downloaded zip zenius a freeware. with zip zenius the rar files were converted to pdf format.i was able to read the book with acrobat reader.however some rar files were converted in to pdb files in zip zenius .i am not able to open the pdb file. will someone come to my rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom