Free Resources for Learning Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmanya

Journeyman
Has anyone given the computer A AP? i mean this one- *www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/compsci_a/topic.html?compscia

Just wondering if the Java ebooks listed here will help me prepare/

mohit sharma

Journeyman
I want some book on general dbms which should give more idea abt normal forms relation mapping math etc . . . All the theory part of dbms . . .

elmasri and sudhershan bith books are available on net , not posting links here as it would be illigal around here, anyways if any prob. , just drop me a mail at pandittest1atgmaildotcom.

Micheal

Pro Geeks
I'm not new to programming but will start learning C#. Its a great compilation you have put together. But its not possible for me to stay online for so long. Could you please giv me a link to download that book as pdf or some other book?

c2tarun

N3CrO..NiNj@**
can anyone plz tell is there any thread for my queries related to batch file programming or not
plz reply

sankha

Right off the assembly line
Can anyone provide a notes on C Socket programming:? I'm in urgently need of that.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
@sankha,

here is a good C socket programming tutorial by Beej. It is available in different translations and formats.
*beej.us/guide/bgnet/

some other links for socket programming.
*johnnie.jerrata.com/winsocktutorial/
*parsys.cs.uic.edu/~solworth/sockets.pdf
*ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/SASC/share5958-59/S5958v2.pdf
*www.expertsforge.com/Programming/socket-programming-c-using-tcp-with-code-88.asp

c2tarun

N3CrO..NiNj@**
can anyone plz tell is there any thread for my queries related to batch file programming or not
plz reply

plz reply

Last edited:

vamsi360

Always confused
sourav, could you please update the thread. There are even more languages and other good books out there. This thread is sticky man and you have to monitor it regularly.

Here is a wonderful list..

*www.techtoolblog.com/archives...gramming-books

Last edited:

Maneesh Joshi

Right off the assembly line
Hi Sourav
I am a complete novice to programming and want to learn C. I have the following books: SAMS C in 21 days, C for Dummies and Let Us C. Some queries:
1. Where can I get a compiler that is easy to install and run?
2. Can you suggest any other really simple books/CDs to learn C from?
3. What is the general impression of SEED Infotech's (Pune) modular courses in the C language?

Thanks a ton in advance. BTW, I assemble my own gaming rigs so am not a total stanger to PCs only to programming... I would be really grateful if you could write to me at mvjoshi69@gmail.com

Regards,

Maneesh

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Hello Manish
First post...Welcome to the forums...:)

I assume you use Microsoft Windows OS. I suggest you the mingw compiler. It's gcc for Windows and is one of the best.
*www.mingw.org/

Since you want an easy to use program, I guess you mean an IDE.
I suggest you Geany. It's easy to use and supports a variety of languages.
*www.geany.org/
*www.geany.org/Support/RunningOnWindows

When you have both installed post again and I will tell you how to set up Geany for compiling C.

Best of Luck.

D

Deleted member 26636

is it possible to learn programming on our own..i mean without going to any training institute..at home?will books & tutorials be enough?if it is possible, how should one proceed?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
is it possible to learn programming on our own..i mean without going to any training institute..at home?will books & tutorials be enough?if it is possible, how should one proceed?
Yes. Most definitely.
You need for learning C:
(1) A computer with an OS like Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, OSX, etc.
(2) A compiler, Use a modern compiler. See my above post.
(3) Look for resources for learning C. The OP has few resources.
(4) And don't hesitate in asking questions if you have doubt (in this forum for eg.)

If you are new to programming and dont have compulsion for C/C++(for eg. in a course), I strongly suggest you learn Python instead of C. After you learn Python then go for C.

------------------
About setting up Geany for C in Windows:
Open Geany.
Create a New File.
Save it as anyfile.c (you can have any name but keep .c as extension)
Now Go To Build->Set Includes and Arguments.
Now Set the following fields as:
Compile: gcc -Wall -ansi -pedantic -c "%f"
Build: gcc -Wall -ansi -pedantic "%f" -o "%e.exe"
Execute: "./%e"

Now you can use F8 key to compile, F9 to make and F5 to execute.

P.S. The -ansi and -pedantic options are not required as such unless you want strict ANSI compliance, You can do away with them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

thanx..i have no compulsion..i am currently learning animation & vfx...wanted to learn programming for my own interests.so i think i'll go with python.what are the skills required for learning programming?i have completed my 12th in science but i am average in mathematics:-(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom