Free calling to US using internet

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Hi friends,

I have heard that we can use internet / 3g / android devices for free calling to US and other countries. How true is it and if it is possible, pls tell how to do calling to other countries specially USA.

I am using 3G and Moto E.

Regards

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
You just need internet. Free is a relative term. And nothing is free in the world.
You need internet to make call. Now whether you have a wifi plan at home or a 3g plan it depends on you.

Once you have internet access. You would need to install voip softwares. For eg: skype, viber etc-2. The other person to whom you are calling should also have the same software installed on his smartphone as yours along with internet access through 3g or wifi.

When both these conditions are met. You can talk to one another using internet.

The only cost incurred here would be the cost of general broadband wifi monthly plan at home or 3g plan from your network.

$hadow

Geek in making
Hike or viber are a few options. There are hundreds of them available but I find hike a bit more better.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi friends,

I have heard that we can use internet / 3g / android devices for free calling to US and other countries. How true is it and if it is possible, pls tell how to do calling to other countries specially USA.

I am using 3G and Moto E.

Regards
Many alternatives
Viber,Skype,IMO

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
What is the way if the other person is not on that apk or if we want to call on a landline number or if that person in the US is not on internet at that time????

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
What is the way if the other person is not on that apk or if we want to call on a landline number or if that person in the US is not on internet at that time????

there are services available for the same but they are paid and has cheap subscription
most popular is Skype to call on phone but cheaper ones are also available

ajayritik

Technomancer
I think Skype discontinued audio calling in India.

Yesterday I saw an advertisement hoarding near my place which indicated that using Skype one call both mobile and landline numbers to US Free of Cost.
Not sure if this has any terms and conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Way back in 2007/2008 when my wife was in US I used an app to make calls to US directly to either a landlinenumber or Mobile. It didn't need the other person to have an internet connection.
The only drawback for this app was that I could not talk more than 5 minutes since it would disconnect. Anyways it served my purpose.
Infact this was suggested to me by someone here in TDF when I was new here.
Maybe OP can dig into threads created by me.
I have a strong feeling this software/application would have been discontinued.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
try this-
magicJack - Mobile Use

theres also Friendcaller(earn credits by downloading and opening apps)

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
I think this can be considered as a OT.

But airtel has a plan, 38 or 58 or something like that. Valid for 30 days. 1ps per sec. Just for US numbers. My mother is using that to call me for sometime now. Its cheaper than me calling her!!!!.

$hadow

Geek in making
Digging won't help much. We have a lot of apps emerging these now. Just pick a few and give each a shot.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
[MENTION=56188]rohitshakti2[/MENTION] Google has FREE calling to US and Canada.I saw it on Gmail but yesterday i saw hangout dialer which has free calls(to US and Canada).I haven't tried out yet.If that don't work there are many VOIP software like voipdiscount (*www.voipdiscount.com/dashboard) which has free calls (landlines only).I suggest you to try out hangout dialer since you are using mobile.

Last edited:

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Yesterday I saw an advertisement hoarding near my place which indicated that using Skype one call both mobile and landline numbers to US Free of Cost.
Not sure if this has any terms and conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Way back in 2007/2008 when my wife was in US I used an app to make calls to US directly to either a landlinenumber or Mobile. It didn't need the other person to have an internet connection.
The only drawback for this app was that I could not talk more than 5 minutes since it would disconnect. Anyways it served my purpose.
Infact this was suggested to me by someone here in TDF when I was new here.
Maybe OP can dig into threads created by me.
I have a strong feeling this software/application would have been discontinued.

LOT'S of free software which offers free calls to US.

The Volstagg

Broken In
[MENTION=56188]rohitshakti2[/MENTION] : Use Skype or Viber. I found these two apps are good for making calls using Internet. I personally feel WhatsApp calling feature is not so good as compared to Viber because there is an echo- problem and audio is not clear. As I said, it is my personal opinion. Why don't you give a try to these three apps and find out yourself. Note that the other person should have the same app installed.

Sent from my Spice Mi-498 using Digit, powered by appyet.com

ajayritik

Technomancer
[MENTION=56188]rohitshakti2[/MENTION] : Use Skype or Viber. I found these two apps are good for making calls using Internet. I personally feel WhatsApp calling feature is not so good as compared to Viber because there is an echo- problem and audio is not clear. As I said, it is my personal opinion. Why don't you give a try to these three apps and find out yourself. Note that the other person should have the same app installed.

Sent from my Spice Mi-498 using Digit, powered by appyet.com

Did you check other posts by OP or just blindly read the first post and went ahead and posted what you know, just coz you want to increase your post count?
The OP is looking for some kind of app which can enable him to call someone in US directly to landline or mobile and not having any thing installed on the other person PC , Mobile etc.

DDIF

Custom User Title
Did you check other posts by OP or just blindly read the first post and went ahead and posted what you know, just coz you want to increase your post count?
The OP is looking for some kind of app which can enable him to call someone in US directly to landline or mobile and not having any thing installed on the other person PC , Mobile etc.

Do YOU know that Skype can be used to call landline and mobile numbers?
And do you know that calling to most landlines and mobile operators in US and Canada is free on Skype? I use Skype to call my US friends free of cost, though you have to top up with at least 5$.
I just posted this reply because you were unnecessarily bashing a person for trying to help. If you are using useless bashing posts with anything on-topic to increase your post count that doesn't mean everyone is doing so. Sorry if I am being rude.
@OP Check skype website, you will get a list of landline rates to US, mostly they are free. Personal experience.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Do YOU know that Skype can be used to call landline and mobile numbers?
And do you know that calling to most landlines and mobile operators in US and Canada is free on Skype? I use Skype to call my US friends free of cost, though you have to top up with at least 5$.
I just posted this reply because you were unnecessarily bashing a person for trying to help. If you are using useless bashing posts with anything on-topic to increase your post count that doesn't mean everyone is doing so. Sorry if I am being rude.
@OP Check skype website, you will get a list of landline rates to US, mostly they are free. Personal experience.

I was rude yes maybe.
But that didn't warrant you to be rude in retalation.

Top Bottom