Free avast! Internet Security 6 – 6 months license

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
avast! Internet Security provides complete antivirus, anti-spyware, antispam, and firewall protection, complemented now by new avast! SafeZone™ technology. It creates an isolated virtual desktop, invisible to any possible attacker, where you can do your online shopping and banking securely.

*3.bp.blogspot.com/-xc-Z49eYuQk/TsLQWM2iB0I/AAAAAAAAAEo/sTJDjAKV3nM/s400/avastg.jpg

How to get a free License

Last edited:

Sarvesh

Journeyman
Which is better Avira or Avast ? Presently I am using Avira since quite some time but it gives a lot of false positives.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Which is better Avira or Avast ? Presently I am using Avira since quite some time but it gives a lot of false positives.

To be Honest I find the Free Avira to be superior to Free Avast. Yes the false positives are mostly given in cr@cks, other illegal stuff which are always recommended to stay away from
Cant comment properly on paid version as I havent used avira paid much.

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek

Avira is on par with Avast but avast is improving drastically in every release. My Vote to Avast. I'm using Avast Free From 2007 It has done good job handling all sort of viruses. Use Malwarebytes as On Demand Scanner it can do job that the best antivirus can't do properly. ;)

casual_gamer

In the zone
Avira is on par with Avast but avast is improving drastically in every release. My Vote to Avast. I'm using Avast Free From 2007 It has done good job handling all sort of viruses. Use Malwarebytes as On Demand Scanner it can do job that the best antivirus can't do properly. ;)

Avast Free virus updates is valid for 1 year. How do you manage to update to latest definitions?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
With proper firewall, one don't need to use any anti virus. Otherwise M$ security essentials would do the job easily.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Just installed Avast Internet security with the method described in the source. Also repped the OP for posting such a useful information.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This thread is going to be a comparison of AVs thread soon specially between Avira and Avast - which one is better but for that we have a thread in here ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/138653-antivirus-guide-user-reviews.html

@ Hsakarp_kahtap - when I clicked on the link on your first post ( How to get a free License ) I'm getting : 404 - Page Not Found - anyaone else facing this or the link is working fine for you guys.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ now the blog link and instructions are working just fine - you have to use some proxy website to get the file mentioned on the blog. BTW, Is this even legit ???

OP
Hsakarp_kahtap

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
@ sukesh1090 please open the link using a german proxy listed here , Promo is working fine for me , with a German proxy.
@Topgear its a legit, even I am also using the activation license from the same promotional website since July 2011, no problem faced till now.

Sarvesh

Journeyman
I am using Avira Premium with Comodo Firewall for real time protection and Spybot Search & Destroy, The Cleaner etc. for manual malware scanning occasionally.

Top Bottom