curioustechy

Journeyman
My office computer is not having an internet connection. I want a free antivirus which can be updated offline (by downloading update files from internet through some other computer and update my office computer's antivirus through pendrive)...plz suggest a good antivirus for my office computer

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
here, Download avast! Antivirus Update

Thanks for the link. BTW I installed avast 6.0.1125 . After installation it tells that the product should be registered in the next 30 days.

Thanks for the link. BTW I installed avast 6.0.1125 . After installation it tells that the product should be registered in the next 30 days.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Oh yes...Avast is free but u have to register on their website & they will mail u a registration Key for the anti-virus version u have installed (it's free) :mrgreen:

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Download microsoft security essentials from here
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

& updates from here
Get the latest definitions - Microsoft Malware Protection Center

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think the free versions are for non commercial use only. In any case would recommend you to get Avira.
Link: Download AntiVir Personal 12.0.0.861 - FileHippo.com

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
now another problem surfaced.... i made an offline registration and avast mailed me a registration no. and it was for version 5.... but what i've installed is version 6. so i replied back that mail citing my case but there's no response... please help

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
now another problem surfaced.... i made an offline registration and avast mailed me a registration no. and it was for version 5.... but what i've installed is version 6. so i replied back that mail citing my case but there's no response... please help

I think they are giving version 5 keys...

skip this hassle & install Avira... :mrgreen:

Top Bottom