Foxconn nT-i1250

OP
M

Mirhawk

Broken In
There is no internal storage. Hence I have been booting with a flash drive. Also, the support for hdd is for SATA II and the WD one You mentioned is of SATA III interface. That won't cause an issue, right?

Incidentally, I was supposed to get a series 2000 pc in the gift but what I got was a series 1000 pc. When asked for clarification, I was told that both have same configuration. Here is the configuration of that other PC:

nT-i2847
Series : Celeron
Processors Supported : Intel Dual Core Celeron 1.1GHz
Chipset : NM70
Memory Supported : One SO-DIMM Socket support DDR3 up to 4GB
VGA Graphics : Intel HD Graphic
Storage Interface : One SATA III connector for 2.5"HDD or SSD

@Whitestar : if the config had been as above, would it have made any difference while using it was media device?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
dual core celeron is definitely more powerful than dual core atom & its integrated graphics is also better than intel GMA3650 so it would definitely make a difference when using as media device.still my suggestion for a decent media device which can handle almost all high bit rate HD videos/blu-ray is at least get an intel pentium dual core G2020(2.9GHz 3rd generation costs ~3000) & if you can compromise a bit on size of cabinet then get a graphics card too like 6670(DDR5 version costs ~5000) if you want to do some post processing using graphics card capability.

OP
M

Mirhawk

Broken In
Thank You for Your suggestion whitestar. I have simply received this product as a gift from Digit, hence I'm just finding use for what I have received. I will surely consider Your suggestion when I go for a media device.
The new configuration posted by Me was in reply for the post by Digit "According to the Give-aways, the PC mentioned was a Series 2000 PC,where as the one I have received is a Series 1000 PC.". I was told in the mail that the nT-i2847 and nT-i1250 have same config. But as it turns out, it doesn't. I have pdf from them too, but unable to post here due to size limitations of pdf files.

Top Bottom