Forum Improvement Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
First:-
Problem:-
People just don't read the rules. They post things in a bizzare manner everywhere. Anyone remember that joke about forum rules I posted? That was actually sarcasm born out of anger.

Potential Solution:-
I still say admins should consider including a Rule of the day box on the forum. Remember, I'm not talking about popup windows or something. I'm talking about just a small 100x100 or even 80x50 box on the top right corner. which just keeps flashing the rules. Heck, even a news ticker kind of thing would do! I mean, its as easy as a marquee tag!!!!

Next:-
Problem:-
Spam.

Potential Solution:-
None. Not required!!!
Installation of some akismet alternative for phpBB??? I mean what the hell!!! The mods here are perfect! Its just that people don't know how to 'activate' them. I say there's no anti spam solution required. kalpik is better than Akismet, really! I'm sure rhitwick agrees!

expertno.1

Technomancer
I sent a PM to the admins.. And it seems they are planning to shift to better hosting.. And things should be better from there onwards.. Lets just wait for some more time.. (like we have any other choice :p)

lol , i can give them my part of hosting account of 100-200 gb space and 1 tera byte traffic a month , do they want ? FOR FREE !!

*img19.imageshack.us/img19/6281/56606643.jpg

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
So, Raaaboo, closed this forum for 1hr in the afternoon and I don't fort how long in the evening.

Now, my question is, what is fixed or new addition or any feature which is removed ( :p )

Anyone noticed anything.

the bot

Banned
"forum will be closed from afternoon to evening under the name of maintenance to save hosting cost and no improvements will be done"

that's my best guess for this forum today

im tired and im going to sleep

GOOD BYE.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The forum was down from 10PM to uncertain period (as I went to bed at 12.30A.M) yesterday.

Anyone knows when did it came back??

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
So, Raaaboo, closed this forum for 1hr in the afternoon and I don't fort how long in the evening.

Now, my question is, what is fixed or new addition or any feature which is removed ( :p )

Anyone noticed anything.

I have noticed one thing, that the views to a thread is corrected. Before the number of views was Posts+1.

red_devil

Back!
why don't the 'powers that be' over here atleast notify that the site will go down for maintenance before hand ?

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
"forum will be closed from afternoon to evening under the name of maintenance to save hosting cost and no improvements will be done"

that's my best guess for this forum today

im tired and im going to sleep

GOOD BYE.

victor ........is that you?

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Jo batchallan shaadi se pehle pregnent ho sakta hai....woh kuch bhi kar sakta hai!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom