Formatting a mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
Wrong Section posted, u shud be aware of it.

These should help. Try it.

*www.theunlocker.co.uk/tutorials/phone_tutorials/how_to_full_format_your_nokia_6600.php

*wiki.ehow.com/Format-Nokia-6600-Device

*wiki.ehow.com/Discussion:Format-Nokia-6600-Device

mohit

The Hardware Labs
To format your cell ( Symbian )

Tested on 6600 and 7610

Ur battery should be full for it

1) Switch ur phone off

2) Press "call"+"*"+"3" and then press the POWER ON button ( keep all of them pressed ).. till the time phone comes on and "FORMATING " word comes on screen..

VOILA!! all formatting and restoration of phone memory to original state..

(thanx to khandu for this info which he had posted on a thread related to nokia phone codes)

godsownman

Padawan
mohit said:
To format your cell ( Symbian )

Tested on 6600 and 7610

Ur battery should be full for it

1) Switch ur phone off

2) Press "call"+"*"+"3" and then press the POWER ON button ( keep all of them pressed ).. till the time phone comes on and "FORMATING " word comes on screen..

VOILA!! all formatting and restoration of phone memory to original state..

(thanx to khandu for this info which he had posted on a thread related to nokia phone codes)

Is the operating system of the phone reloaded after the format process is completed automatically or do we have to do it manually . What are the requirements if we have to manually do it .

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@godsownman
the operating system is reloaded automatically. u lose all ur data and the phones memory is restored. the phone becomes fresh n fast.

cryptid

Journeyman
Just type in *#7370# it will ask u do u want to restore factory settings say "Yes" and then it u will have ur symbian OS reset=formatted

cryptid

Journeyman
well the process should take around 3 to 4 mins but it is slightly higher on a 6600 i have personally observed it

anispace

dattebayo
just make sure that the battery is full or connect ur phone to a charger while formatting.

Because if the battery gets empty while formatting u will end up with a brick.

anandk

Distinguished Member
anispace said:
just make sure that the battery is full or connect ur phone to a charger while formatting.

Because if the battery gets empty while formatting u will end up with a brick.

a brick ! :lol: thats hilarious !

godsownman

Padawan
Are there any tricks like this for an Ngage phone.

Will this also remove any viruses that may have entered the phone.?

I'm asking this on behalf of a friend .

Thanks

krish

Journeyman
Please tell me if taking backup of phone memory also backs up the the phone book? If no, the how can I backup the phonebook without a PC??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom