Foremay releases world's first 2.5" SATA 2TB SSD

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Foremay, an OEM SSD manufacturer, has released the world's first 2TB SSD drives with a standard 2.5" SATA interface. Both new models seem to only be available for OEM and industrial applications though at this stage.

*images.tweaktown.com/news/2/7/27874_1_foremay_releases_worlds_first_2_5_sata_2tb_ssd_full.jpg

Sounds too good to be true?

Read the full news here: Foremay releases world's first 2.5" SATA 2TB SSD :: TweakTown USA Edition

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
512GB SSDs should be mainstream by the end of this year. So expect higher capacity drives in retail in next year. ;)

Flash

Lost in speed
World's first HDD started with 2.5GB, and now the highest is 3TB.
Same will happen for SSD too. As the time & technology progress, we will expect more in SSD soon.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I hope SSD releases in full swing and with high capacities, so that I can finally buy normal HDDs at low cost! :p

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
That nice. But what we need more than that is the prices to be lower.

Still we have to wait for nearly an year and a half,for getting hold of at least a SSD in the 512GB~1TB range.Of course those of whom are filthy rich...exception for them.

Last edited:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Re: Foremay releases world's first 2.5" SATA 2TB SSD

Nothing is mentioned/ leaked about the pricing, mate!

prices will drop very quickly. because SSDs are based on semiconductors and there demand being widespread and their applications and uses being pushed into mainstream computing.
another factor is that with the size of media increasing.. like full 1080p Blu-ray and next gen formats like 4k resolution you need tons of storage and that too very high speed but at the same time you want to increase data protection and make storage compact. So recording equipment is a very big factor like in movies and personal use that is going to push the prices of SSDs lower . Sony is already implementing SSD based handycams. And as the volume and demand of the SSDs increases the price will drop .
by the next year probably either seagate / wd will go out of business... or we will see very close competition...

*media.bestofmicro.com/ssd,V-G-319948-13.jpg

a good read : Declining PC Sales Not Derailing SSD Market in 2012

one more thing people forget is that the use of SSDs is not only limited to PC.s unlike HDD. Potential uses of SSD is limitless.

1. SSD based video players
2. SSD based memory in phons
3. SSD portable drives
4. SSD based music players
5. SSD based recording in TVs
6. SSD consoles

and the list goes on.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^Thanks Friend,for your info. & data.
At least Hope is arising...

@josin,it is 512GB...sorry for the mistake mate,corrected.

Tech&ME

Banned
I think the next big thing this year will be the FUSION DRIVE architecture. Apple already made it available on iMac and Macbook pro.

We need such technology with moderate pricing. Western Digital is planing to launch it in the open market.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I think the next big thing this year will be the FUSION DRIVE architecture. Apple already made it available on iMac and Macbook pro.

We need such technology with moderate pricing. Western Digital is planing to launch it in the open market.

well fusion drive is nothing but rearranging the data in a SSD in a different organized manner and most probably since its apple its a proprietary file format. i dont think its going to be very successful unless it offers a huge speed difference / extremely low latency.

Top Bottom