force rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
sb shed some light on forcing rendering of 3d S Max scene by gfx card. any lisenced plugin in 3ds max or any nvidia forceware that can cause gpu to be utilised. if not possible pl try to explain why... need it urgently as i have a desent gfx crd bt not cpu upto the mark pentium D 2.8.

it took 20min for vray to render two disp maps with caustics and gl......
pl help??/\

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
depends on ur config a lot...and here's where nVidia Quadro cards kick in..
Plz post config...u mite not be able to improve performance jus like tht u noe.....

Well in any case 20mins dude tht's a WHILE!!!

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Rendering depend on ur cpu and ram.......normal/gaming gfx card is just for drawing the viewport.
20 min is not a lot but rendering time depends on the modelling ,materials, effects etc. I have had scenes which took around 3-4 hours to render on C2D @ 3GHz with 4gb ram and 64-bit OS and software (MAYA).
You must use professional gfx card such as quadro(nvidia) or firegl(ati). Those help in rendering but also cost a bomb compared to normal cards. Still I would say rendering depends a lot on raw cpu power.

Take a look at this......its a software based renderer for nvidia gpu. *www.nvidia.com/page/gz_learn.html

man 3-4 hr ?? thats terrific ,, but thanx it cuts down my pain to pentium1

anyways my point was to know abt rendering process(i have devoted bit of time)..
otherwise i am still awiting some tech. advancement in this field. i am not a pro animator and have 8800 gt with 3gig ram and 2.8ghz and gigabyte 945gc m/b..

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Try your hands on gelato, its free.

@comp@ddict
Just take a nap...... :) best way or go to inox watch a movie n when I return the work is done :D (this actually happened but only one time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom