for Windows vista users only..

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
first of all which vista r u all using can u tell me ??are u all using the one distributed by Micrsoft ie :VISTA beta 2..is it like the same vista to be released ??its a 3.5 gb official download from microsoft isnt it ??but microsoft says its only for beta tester programmers and for people to find bugs .so can a common person with a good kowledge of computers use it ???
is it better than windows xp ??

OR
is every vista user just using the pirated vista (that is xp converted to vista looks )..plzz tell me i want to know about it as i want to use it on my pc..

also do all games and softwares run on windows vista ..becauz i dont think any program or game has been released for windows vista

plzz someone reply soon.........

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
first of all there is no "pirated" version of vista because technically speaking the xp turned vista is not vista .... any person can use the vista beta distributed by MS on their site as far as games and programs go it is said everything that was xp compatible can be used on vista (not sure though)

secondly dont use the beta vista or any vista untill final release as the main OS of ur system, install it on any other drive other than c to revert back without losses as it is only beta

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
does any one know how much space does vista take after installation on the hard drive ??

is any one using it ???how is it perfomance and looks wise ??

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Vista may take around 3 or 4 GB. I'm not very sure about this. Anyway have a separate 12 GB partition for
Vista. That leaves you room for installing other applications & some space for Virtual Memory.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
JGuru said:
Vista may take around 3 or 4 GB. I'm not very sure about this. Anyway have a separate 12 GB partition for
Vista. That leaves you room for installing other applications & some space for Virtual Memory.

over 9GB of free space is needed for installation , once the installation is complete it occupies 7GB.

G

gxsaurav

Vista took about 6.4 GB out of my 12 GB partition i made for vista after disabling hybernation file & decresing the Virtual memory to 512 MB

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
And....for the system requirements........
512MB ram (Bare Minimum) 1GB recommended.....
DX9 card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 and 128 MB of memory....

What a resource HOG!!!!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@tarey_g
where u live in rajasthan?
becuase when i ask my vendor 400w psu from antec & vip
he sees me like i have done a crime
i offers local brands like mercury
what should i do
from which place should i buy
i live jaipur

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
gary4gar said:
@tarey_g
where u live in rajasthan?
becuase when i ask my vendor 400w psu from antec & vip
he sees me like i have done a crime

i offers local brands like mercury
what should i do
from which place should i buy
i live jaipur

lol , very true no one has that brands , i have a supercomp 400W psu , and its working fine from last 6 months . so if u don't get any of the brands u want u can trust on supercomp more than mercury and others .

btw , i live in Kota.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
windows has an update advisor (when u start vista installation the option is there itself) the update advisor will chk whether ur machine is capable handling vista or not .... it will give u a detailed info on what u have and what u lack ...... u means ur machine

but u need to dwnld this update advisor frm the net

mario_pant

In the zone
I dont know about you. but VISTA ROCKS!
Its networking features are rock solid and speach recognition is devine!
it took me 1 week to download vista. i downloaded it through bittorrent, and this , sir, is NOT a pirated copy (it has the same hashes as those on the website) and i have activated it too.
But beware, if you have no experience on installing OSes or the guts dont try it!
S!
ViSTa RoCKS!

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
hmm whats virtual memory..i dnt understand ??if we increase does the programs work faster ??i have 10 gb space free in windows xp partition and hav 512 mb ddr ram ..how much shud i keep for virtual memory..
cauz some times i fid..my pc a bit slower while running programs and games

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
mario_pant said:
I dont know about you. but VISTA ROCKS!
Its networking features are rock solid and speach recognition is devine!
it took me 1 week to download vista. i downloaded it through bittorrent, and this , sir, is NOT a pirated copy (it has the same hashes as those on the website) and i have activated it too.
But beware, if you have no experience on installing OSes or the guts dont try it!
S!
ViSTa RoCKS!
needless to say billy g took 5 years to make it

vishnus

Right off the assembly line
*www.amvsoft.net/blog/post/index/39/Windows-Vista-Beta-2-build-5384
Windows Vista screenshots @ my computer. Please suggest me a Good Graphic card.. needs PCI support, no PCIE or AGP, pixel shader 3.0 or atleast 2 support, mem 128+ TV-out also...
Thanks....

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hi, I am running windows vista beta 2......right now

my question is how you use thr 3D flip........

here : - *www.amvsoft.net/blog/files/vishnu_vista3d.JPG

i mean what is command or procedure.....

P.S:-I have no graphics card.....it is running on Intel Pentium D 940(3.2 GHz) with D945GNT + 1GB 400 MHz DDR2 Ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom