For the Strategic Game Lovers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumitava_b

In the zone
I was getting crazy to find that there is no dedicated thread in this great community for strategic games freaks!! Now we, the strategists, can discuss every nuances of any strategy game here. Let's begin the journey......[/b]

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Lets start with an uncommon game that I liked so much because I had to use all my thought-control to play that game. It's "Syberia". Puzzle-solving story-telling game with tremendous graphics. Has anyone played that game?

Satissh S

Youngling
Not me! But Strategy surely is my passion. Any 1 nows how to play turn based games! I Like da aoe series and rise of nations.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
sumitava_b said:
Lets start with an uncommon game that I liked so much because I had to use all my thought-control to play that game. It's "Syberia". Puzzle-solving story-telling game with tremendous graphics. Has anyone played that game?
I have played Syberia. First of all it is an adventure and not a strategy game. Secondly, you are right about the graphics. they are truly mind blowing. Have you played Syberia II? It is even better than the first. Where did you get your copy from? I had to ask someone from the US to get it for me coz I couldn't find a copy anywhere here.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Darthvader said:
i dont agree man syberia was way better than its sequel
I guess you feel that way because you had already seen Syberia's awesome graphics, and since the graphics were pretty much the same in the sequel, they didn't seem good enough.
Syberia II was way more challenging than the prequel and had more intresting characters.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
sandeeprao said:
has anyone played "fate of the dragons"????

played it quite a while back and completed it too. Oh I love turn based Strategies. Desciples & Desciples II and the expansions. Heroes of Might and Magic series, Etherlords I & II are just to name a few. Am playing a strato come RPG game right now called Spellforce. Its the Shadow of the Phoenix expansion.

vamsi104

Broken In
strategy rules!

I love strategy games.
especially aoe,aom,ronand the lotr series.

As far as turn based games are concerned,
I find mysely a bit more prone to impatience.

anshul

Journeyman

Hey bhai
Hum bhi hain team mein. I am also a lover of strategy games . I have not played the game you mentioned but I have played aoe, aoe2, command and conquer tiberian sun, red alert gold and ultima and many more. What do you think of them.

saurya_mishra

Broken In
lets bring a true revolution in RTS gaming into discussion ... i am talking about ROME: TOTAL WAR
if u have played it at least the demo u know waht a game it is.
the thing that imprssed me was the team control and not indivisual. mpre than graphics it has inovation. what do u think ?

Saurya

z00m

Broken In
Personal Favs: AOE, Neverwinter Nights, Warcraft TFT

z00m

Broken In
sheesh how can i 4get Diablo I, II
so crazy bout this game i actually purchased a Diablo battlechest worth 1500rs
add to list

z00m

Broken In
hm.. ofcourse its rpg.
I thought the thread read rts/rpg :?

anoopelias

Right off the assembly line
well RTS .......when it come to RTS it is warcraft 3 .what a game it is i spend a whole month continously for playing wc3. Breath taking graphics and a very fine game play . i like to be an orc. i played warcraft 3 and frozen throne .
ANY warcraft fan mail me at chosssm@sify.com

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
True, Warcraft was a milestone for graphics, basically those interconnecting animation videoes in between episodes are really breathtaking. Sometimes I spent time seeing those animations only even after completing the whole game.. :) ...The story was also very engrossy....But I missed cute li'le Hobbits there.. :( ....

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
I think everyone looking into this thread must be a big fan of civilization games. Then let's start a good discussion...WHICH ONE IS THE BEST CIVILIZATION GAME YOU HAVE PLAYED TILL NOW AND WHAT ARE THE REASONS?

Let's begin the game........

Satissh S

Youngling
Some of the best titles that hit me are:
1. Warcraft 3
2. AOM and Titans.
3. Conquerors El-Cid and other Campaigns such as Joan of Arc.

The One That really involved me to a great deal is "The Fall Of Trident" Campaign in AOM. Scintillating! wasn't it?

godzi_85

In the zone
i love startegy games. literally live on em!!! lol
hmm the last game i played was rome total war.. actualy just got the game.. finished the imperial campaiign...
its amazing.. rocks..!!!!! esp when you have huge armies. .and it boils down to your comanders influence and command and your units experience.. truly one of the best ever!! i say!!! .
the one hing i hate is the the long campaign after you capture 50 provinces the game returns back to he main menu i would love t ocapture the whole world!! lol
hmm also loved RON.. .. great strategies to appply and stuff.. and with so many customs scenarios available its a treat to play thge game man.. its truly rocking!!!!
hmm.. no one played home world 2.... i absolutely adored it.. it was one of the best i have ever played.. really nice game.. its a space strategy game..
and i though syberia 2 (which i loved ) is an adventure game....
also played ground control 2.. realy nice. with 2 campigns.... its rocking esp at the medium difficulty level....
i also liked command and conquer generals..... zerohour...
with age if empire being one of the first game of this genre i played..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom