For the Strategic Game Lovers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Aceman: I doubt that Star Wars:Empire at War is strategy game? Is it? :?

Anyway, has anyone played 'cossacks II'? Recently I played the demo version which I found in one of the recent Digit DVD (Possibly June version). I found it quite good to play. The game depicts the napoleaonic time when soldiers had to fill their long gun after firing every shot!!! Here u can create troops containing 120 infantries and 1 officer. Then u can order them as a whole. In the limitations in demo, the war is fought in numbers and if your side has much more soldiers than other then their soldier (with drooping morale) will flee away just seeing ur huge troops.

The grafix of the game is also quite nice to keep u on. Although the game did not give me much option to explore all the features. But in nutshell, the game is worth a try. In gamespot.com it got 7.9 which is a nice score for a strategy game indeed.

cybershastri

Journeyman
AOE III Release date announced...

Must read for the strategy game lovers..

The third instalment in the mega-popular Age of Empires series is to get a special Collector's Edition.

Ensemble have revealed the Collector's Edition will come in an "over-sized beautifully embossed box" containing:
· A hardbound 210 page "The Art of Empires" Book
· The "Making of Age of Empires III" DVD with behind the scenes video and commentary
· The Age of Empires III Soundtrack
· A 43inch * 27 inch full-colour poster of concept art by artist Craig Mullins
· An exclusive Age of Empires III Player's Guide
· Collector's Edition Game Manual

The Collector's Edition is priced $69.99 and is available to pre-order now.

The game is due for release on PC on the 25th of October, and has been described as "graphically the most ambitious RTS ever developed".

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
yea the screenies say for themselves so...
Waitin with a waterin mouth...
hopin the sound trac to be good....
AOM was the best in sound...

BTW - Does this ame deal with europe as i hear ?

aceman

Broken In
sumitava_b said:
Aceman: I doubt that Star Wars:Empire at War is strategy game? Is it? :?
Yep it is a strategy game based on the Star Wars universe, with the player being able to play as the Empire or the Rebels, along with Vader,Death star..........etc.
Not fair you migtht say by playing as the Empire but the empire being big and powerfull cannot see the movements of the republic but the rebublic can see the Empire movements, thus having a element of suprise, expect space and land based battles and more of star wars in one package.This october release i believe.

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
I am planning to buy some sports management games. I am open for both cricket and football :mrgreen: Suggest me some real good game(s) in both areas.
Thanx in advance

cia
Sumit

Hells_Fury

In the zone
For football management you have to check out Football manager 2005. It is the best football management game out there currently (ie till FM 2006 comes out in november). The game is also called Worldwide Soccer Manager in the US. The level of detail in the game is truly spectacular. You can also try out Total club Manager 2005. It can be played in conjunction with Fifa 2005. Haven't tried it out personally, but i have heard from reliable sources that its not so good.

As for cricket, i have no clue as i am not at all interested.
One warning though, FM2005 is an extremely addictive game ;)

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Oops, I forgot to mention one thing. I need them as PC version only.

Hells_Fury, thanks for ur suggestion and warning :mrgreen: . Is FM 2005 available in PC version? I heard that they r in PS2 version. :cry: I heard about one more game called Total championship manager. How is it?

Hells_Fury

In the zone
FM 2005 is available for the PC too. Havent heard of Total Championship Manager, only Total Club Manager.
Check out *www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/footballmanager2005/review.html for a review of FM2005. They have called it a perfect sports management game.

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Thanks Hell_fury, I will add FM2005 soon in my game inventry.

Anyone please give some suggestion for cricket manangement.

moshel

Padawan
yup FM2005 is a really gr8 game to add in ur collection....but instead of that why not wait for FM 2006. and do not waste money on Total club manager, 2003 2004 was good but 2005 sucked.

as for cricket there International cricket captain 2005. the demo is available online u can search for it

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
The Demo is around 375 MB! Only two civs - Britons and Spanish. Two Single Player maps and two campaign maps. May have a multiplayer mode. Demo to be released only after Micro$oft Marketing gives the green flag. Game to be released in October.

I guess, the game may require atleast 1GB of RAM with a good graphic adaptor for smooth gameplay !

:( I am stuck with i815 / 256MB :(

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, you're right. The demo has been released yesterday night and the minimum system requirements are:

- Windows XP (before anyone asks, Windows XP or later ONLY)
- 1.4GHz Processor
- 256MB RAM
- 64 MB Video Card that supports HW T&L
- Approximately 370MB of Hard Drive space (not including installer)
- DirectX 9.0c

No word on whether its the requirements for the demo alone or for the final build of the game as well. However, I think the demo is pretty much an indication of things to come. Subtle incentive for gamers to shift to at least Windows XP, eh? :D

moshel

Padawan
hi guyz

I just finished the Empire Earth II campaigns all of them. does anybody know if theres a new campaign available for download???

i will also search for it. but if anyone knows, pls tell me

BlackJack

Broken In
hey guys check the war Battle game - Sudden Strike..
i am currently playing Sudden Strike II.. worth spending ur brains oon.

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
@blackjack: I havn't played that sudden strike2. But seeing ur suggestion I just checked the reputation of the game in net and I didnt find it worth buying. In gamespot.com, it got a moderate rating 5.4.

Do you have any particular area of liking in that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom