For the Strategic Game Lovers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
cybershastri said:
Amazed to see that even after so many posts in this thread it has not been made sticky. Are the mods biased towards strategy gamers??

I totally agree this should be made a sticky as well. Come on strategy gamers vote here and lets send a petition to the mods for making this thread into a sticky!!

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Not all long threads need to be made a sticky. The basic purpose of a sticky is that a thread containing some imporatnt information is not relegated to the bottom of the thread list.

In this case, regular posts in the thread ensures that the thread always stays on the main page of the Gamerz section. If you all continue to make posts here, it will always remain on the first page, thereby doing just what a sticky is meant to do.

rohanbee

Padawan
ctrl_alt_del said:
Not all long threads need to be made a sticky. The basic purpose of a sticky is that a thread containing some imporatnt information is not relegated to the bottom of the thread list.

In this case, regular posts in the thread ensures that the thread always stays on the main page of the Gamerz section. If you all continue to make posts here, it will always remain on the first page, thereby doing just what a sticky is meant to do.

Yes, very true and you do have a valid point. But many a time good threads have been lost when some key posters dont post (for whatever reasons) and new people dont see them and create a new one. Example in point a very good thread which had some good discussions on laptops and helped me buy mine has been relegated to the last page. New people or members who did not see that thread might never know it existed (the search feature many a time shows warped results). Therefore the reasoning to make this a sticky, so there's a place for all strategy gamers to come and discuss and see old discussions on games as well.
PS. I had to resurrect this thread from the 3rd page( believe me no one goes down there) and spam a bit ( :p sorry) to get some members to respond and they did!! new ones at that.

cybershastri

Journeyman
ctrl_alt_del said:

You do have a valid point. But some times when there is no posts made for a couple of days the thread, though on the first page will get to the bottom of the page. Believe me many of the people dont see the threads that are at the bottom half of the page unless they are specifially interested in that thread and hence the threads that are at the bottom of the page attract less people. Finally due to lack of attention the thread goes to the second page. From there it is virtually impossible to recover. Thats why I strongly recommend this thread to make it sticky where people visiting the gamerz section will see this at the top and hence the thread will live long.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Believe me many of the people dont see the threads that are at the bottom half of the page

And believe me, many of the people also don't see the Stickied threads. Otherwise we wouldn't have to deal with so many new threads everyday concerning G-Mail invites, Yahoo 360 invites and Grpahics Card queries. You won't believe how many threads we have to delete or merge when there are already stickies on them.

Maybe you have come across the thread started by Sunnydiv I guess in which most of the members have said that they ignore stickies and announcements!!! Best thing to do if the thread you like is not a sticky is that you can clickon the "Watch this topic for replies" on the bottom of the last post. In this way you won't loose track of the thread as well.

And lastly, as we have significantly strayed off-topic, I suggest we continue this discussion via PM's and let the topic be left to do what it was originally meant to do.

rohanbee

Padawan
Hey anyone come across or played this game. I cant remember the name but i will be glad if someone can remind me. im looking to play it,,,
If you have played this board game called RISK you will know what iam talking about......

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Rohan, its nice to see that u came up with another new game. I am going to check it out soon. Meanwhile u can put some light on this game if there is none who has played it already...

escape7

What? Where? How?
shaunak said:
any sim series fan here?
best sim games:
Sim city4
sim coaster

i also like aoe and roller coaster tycoon series

i'm a sim fan. I play these when i don't have anything to do.

AOE series is the ultimate dude, nothing like it.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I was an aoe fan then I was warcraft fan and now I truly cannot come out of Rome:Total war. The grafix is stunning. The sound won The Best Use Of Sound In A Game Award. The gameplay is truly spectacular and the maps are so expansive that if u are seeing it for the first time, u are sure to be dazed.
I just can't get enough of the game. You can decide if u want to micro-manage or not for a city. BTW, it's a turn-based game.

I've played Risk. It is the most popular turn-based game ever. I think RTW was based on risk.

shaunak

Tux Fan
games u must play b4 u die:
:arrow: command and conqued generals
:arrow: sim city
:arrow: rome total war
:arrow: zoo tycoon
:arrow: roller coaster tycoon

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Shaunak, I agree with u for the list u have prepared, except zoo tycoon. Is it that good to be a must-to-play game 'b4 u die'? And what about AOE series? May be it is phasing out on the advent of latest games with stunning quality, but it was our first love, right? :wink:

cybershastri

Journeyman
What happend to all the Strategy game lovers??

Any ways, other that Age of empires I also liked Rail road tycoon. Are there any others who liked this game??

I also liked tradewinds 1 and tradewinds 2. Dont know whether you call them strategy games or not??

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Long back i got that game, railroad tycoon. But I cudnt njoy it bcoz my system didnt get any dedicated graphix card. But I saw people playing that game and I liked it. Soon I am getting a new system. Hope I will play it there......

chinmay

Journeyman
Well here goes my list ;) :-

:idea: Age Of Empires - The Conquerors Expansion
:idea: Rome Total War
:idea: Warcraft (All)
:idea: The Sims 2
:idea: Age Of Mythology ( Just because it was similar to AOE :lol: )

moshel

Padawan
Satissh S said:
Not me! But Strategy surely is my passion. Any 1 nows how to play turn based games! I Like da aoe series and rise of nations.

i hate turn based games, cos u cant do anything when its not ur turn, i dont think its fair. but still if u wanna try, i saw this gr8 game the day after tomorrow. its turn based game but when theres a war it becomes open like other strategy games like aoe.

as for the latest strategy game i am playing
its EE2 and RCT 3.

EE2 is really nice. unlike it boring predecessor

cybershastri said:
What happend to all the Strategy game lovers??

Any ways, other that Age of empires I also liked Rail road tycoon. Are there any others who liked this game??

I also liked tradewinds 1 and tradewinds 2. Dont know whether you call them strategy games or not??

Railroad tycoon series is gr8. but in RRTycoon 2 gold, i earned so much money that my money used to go in negative.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
chinmay_d said:
Well here goes my list ;) :-

:idea: Age Of Empires - The Conquerors Expansion
:idea: Rome Total War
:idea: Warcraft (All)
:idea: The Sims 2
:idea: Age Of Mythology ( Just because it was similar to AOE :lol: )

Well, here's my list:

-Age of Empires: The conqueror's expansion
-Rome: Total War
-Rise of Nations
-Populous:The Beginning (RTS with great graphics and sound, has anyone played it?)
-Civilization: Call to power II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom