For all those who are interested in Security Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameAddict

In the zone
Hi All,

The purpose of starting this thread is to share resources/knowledge/news regarding Security Domain.

I am working as a Software Tester and interested in making a career in Security Testing (involves Vulnerability Assesment/Penetration Testing/Threat Modeling).

For that, apart from keeping myself informed about Exploits and Vulnerabilities and increasing my expertise in Security Testing by reading and interacting, I have decided to pursue Security Certifications.

So, if this sounds interesting to you, please post and we can have a dedicated group, to achieve expertise.Apart from a good career choice, Security Testing is fun, if you like finding exploits and in general, like to break software ;).

Script Kiddies and big mouths (babbling 'cool' exploits, but taking no efforts to understand them), please excuse.

Also, if such a related thread already exists, please point that to me.I searched, but could not find.

Bye!

GA

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
as of now i know nothin except for C/C++, HTML, javascript,assembly and very basic UNIX! but this certainly sounds of my area of interest...if you tell me where to start im sure i ll catch along real fast!
though the question remains-where do i start?

enjoy

Journeyman
I have decent experience with disassembling tools.. I would love to join such group.. coz I am going to build my career in Security Domain..

OP
GameAddict

GameAddict

In the zone
Good Start

Hi,

Knowledge of programming languages helps in understanding how a program works and what can be the possible entry points ( now these entry points can be exploited to make cunning viruses and create buffer under/over flow exploits).

So don't say that you know 'only' C/C++...it is more then enough if you have good knowledge of C. ;)

I remember reading an article on "How to become a hacker?"...now don't laugh...they gave some nice tips... learn a language like C, one scripting language like PERL and good exposure to any flavor of *nix. Also to make a break in Security Domain, sound knowledge of Networking is a must.

@enjoy: Your interest seems to be more towards reverse engineering.That helps in Security also. Keep your comments coming....

I will soon start preparing for MCSE 2000:Security.If you guys want to join, we can club together.Also discounts on MS Exam Coupons is going on...do check it out.

Bye!

GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom