FilledVoid

/me kicks Hitboxx. :)

Best idea just reformat everything and reinstall everything

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Hahaha yeah, them :D

Ok I did it, thanks all, did it using GParted itself, fired up Mint from the 2nd HDD, started GParted, deleted the large partition and resized the extended partition to accumulate all of the remaining space. Then it was just a matter of creating logical partitions.

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/10164/didit.png​

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
that means.. the merger of /dev/sdc4 wasn't possible with the previous extended partition??.. isn't it.. tell me what you did in detail.. this is interesting

^^^

I think distros may have issues messing with primary partitions when they are installed.

Thats why its advisable to always use live disc for partitioning - you can mount/unmount any partition of your choice.

Hitboxx, we all know you did an idiotic thing. So let past be past, and perhaps convert the first post into an insruction set on how to solve a problem concerning wrong partitioning. This can later be added to the linux tips and tricks or similar thread as a post to avoid future idiots from suffering.

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Not required, no big deal!

@hellknight, I did nothing more than what I posted above. That is all the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom