Folder taking too much time to Open

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys I am facing a weird problem with a particular folder. I have a Folder named Softwares and it takes too much time to open at the first time I start the PC. It takes like 2-5 minutes to open it. Once it opens then it will open again in the same sessions in matter of seconds but for the first time in each session it takes quite some time. I have tried renaming it, defragmenting that drive and all but still nothing. I am unable to understand why this problem is occurring because it didn't used to create this problem. Today I reinstalled the OS and now I am facing this problem. Please tell me the reason and possible solutions. OS reinstallation is my last option and I would like to explore other options before that.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
1)Turn thumbnails to off
2)Uninstall Carbonite (avg) backup software - if you have installed it
3)Turn off Search Indexing services
4)Delete temp files

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Guys I am facing a weird problem with a particular folder. I have a Folder named Softwares and it takes too much time to open at the first time I start the PC. It takes like 2-5 minutes to open it. Once it opens then it will open again in the same sessions in matter of seconds but for the first time in each session it takes quite some time. I have tried renaming it, defragmenting that drive and all but still nothing. I am unable to understand why this problem is occurring because it didn't used to create this problem. Today I reinstalled the OS and now I am facing this problem. Please tell me the reason and possible solutions. OS reinstallation is my last option and I would like to explore other options before that.

did you have microsoft security essential turned on?

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
did you have microsoft security essential turned on?

Actually the problem is solved now. I don't now what did the trick. I basically moved some files from sub folders into the parent folder and then I also installed Avast and Comodo so I guess that turned off MSE also. But problem is solved. But I am still interested in what actually caused that problem ??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it is a known issue with MSE that if you open some folder with lots of exe files it will slow down the system for several minutes.

Actually the problem is solved now. I don't now what did the trick. I basically moved some files from sub folders into the parent folder and then I also installed Avast and Comodo so I guess that turned off MSE also. But problem is solved. But I am still interested in what actually caused that problem ??

Can you disable Avast and enable MSE to confirm whitestar999's statement?

Top Bottom