Folder Size Utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper

Broken In
These softwares will make ur life much easier.

Ladies & Gentlemen I give u...

View Folder Size v.2.52

ViewFolderSize is Windows Explorer add-in, which adds ability to view folder's content size as well as file size. Now you needn't any additional utility to find a folder where you waste disk's free space, just open your Windows Explorer and all secrets before your eyes.*www.freewebs.com/catriges/images/vfs.JPG

Code:
*downloads.moveax.com/totalsize/ViewFolderSizeSetup.exe 1mb

PS: If u dont get that option to add the new *column* in ur explorer, just right click on one of the columns and select it or click on [more], and ull find it there.

Also checkout other cool stuff here
Code:
*softmajor.com/cgi-bin/cat.pl?l=en
*softmajor.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?l=en

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A few alternatives

FolderSize v.3.2 [free]

Folder Size Shell Extension is a free shell extension for Windows 95/98 and NT 4.0 or above. It adds a new tab to the Properties dialog that displays a folder's and drive's size. This new page allows you see the folders and sub folders sizes (in a hierarchical tree). To access to the options (units, sort, etc.) a contextual menu is provided. Folder Size Shell Extension delivers useful information and integrates well into Windows 95/98 and NT's existing structure.

*www.freewebs.com/catriges/images/vfs1.JPG

Code:
*www.algosoft.fr/default_zone/documents/dfolder.zip 166kb

Quick View Folder Size 2.87

When you want to know the size of the folder, you have to right click on the folder name and have to choose the properties one by one. Now you can view folder size rapidly and automatically, use Quick View Folder Size. Version 2.87 features minor improvements and bug fixes.
Code:
*www.jklnsoft.com/download.html
*check other g8 stuff too.*

Folder Size [free]

This is from a coder. Hes made this neat DLL which integrates with the explorer like ViewFolderSize. Its just 11 kb. but ull have to register the DLL. Sounds fun !

Code:
*www.codeproject.com/shell/DirectorySize.asp
its got the screenshot.

Introduction

In day to day life, when one wants to know the size of a folder, (s)he has to right click on the folder name and has to choose the Properties. Using this DLL, one can view the folder size as one of the columns of the Explorer as shown in the image. We also have the facility to sort according to the folder size

This class implements the Shell interface called IColumnProvider. Using this interface, one can customize the Explorer's Details view. This class adds one more column to the Details view, which displays the consolidated folder size.

To build this project, you must install Microsoft Platform SDK, or click here [53.5 Kb] to download SHLOBJ.h.

How to Use the DLL

Well, if you build the project, you need not do anything, since the IDE automatically registers the DLL. If demo project is downloaded, then unzip the DLL and register it using the command "regsvr32 <Path of the unzipped DLL>". E.g., Regsvr32 c:\DirSize.DLL, if the DLL is present in C:.

Since that site wont let u dld untill you register ive uploaded it from my site
Code:
*www.freewebs.com/catriges/Files/DirSizeDLL.ZIP 11kb

oh fk

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
well .. when u've opened the topic ..

one more alternative ...

Disk Usage Analyser v 1.30 ( freeware )
*www.glenn.delahoy.com/software/images/diskanalyser.jpg
*www.glenn.delahoy.com/cgi-bin/load.cgi?/software/files/DiskAnalyser130.exe

-----
alibi

sms_solver

In the zone
I have been using FolderSize Since 2001, it one of my best utilities. I think MS should copy up with similar functionality in upcoming windows :)

Ashis

In the zone
What The Hell !
I cant Belive, People actually Use such kind of things!

I Just need no know, Why people Install Such rubbish Software Insted of Using what Windows XP give.

Windows XP alps provides info bout folder size (Click on any folder & hover UR pointer, The Ballon tip will provide all info U need bout that folder, including the size.)

And people try using the startus bar That Explorer Has. Single click on any file & startus bar displays the size of the file!

Do Us all a favour Sniper, keep that Gun In the locker & ask User to Get Max out of There Operating System.

sms_solver

In the zone
Ashis said:
What The Hell ! --

-- Why people Install Such rubbish Software

Windows XP alps provides info bout folder size (Click on any folder & hover UR pointer, The Ballon tip w --

u use what is given by XP, we use the sw. Beside FolderView gives more option than that of XP's Ballon tips.

Ashis

In the zone
sms_solver said:
u use what is given by XP, we use the sw. Beside FolderView gives more option than that of XP's Ballon tips.

Ok Ok.... No Fighting Plz... :evil:

Enjoy Ur FolderView :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom