Floppy Disk Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

naikosen

Broken In
How to lock a Floppy disk so that no body can get access to it using any computer?

My colleague has done it. He gave me a floppy and asked me to see what is inside. As I put it into my computer and clicked on the FDD icon, it asked me for password. I tried to open it in DOS and found the same message.

I asked a lot to him for the trick, but he did not reveal. So stubborn! Help me please.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Are u talking about this one.....

*www.softforall.com/Utilities/SecurityEncryption/Secure_Folder_For_Window09130004.htm

expertno.1

Technomancer
sure check these ways -

1) make ur files of a floppy in a .rar or .zip file and give a password to it ...no one can open it on any computer without using anything

2)use Folder Lock

3) Use Floppy Encryption utility
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310105

OP
N

naikosen

Broken In
cvvikram said:
Are u talking about this one.....

*www.softforall.com/Utilities/SecurityEncryption/Secure_Folder_For_Window09130004.htm

Read my request once again throughly, please.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Try using "Bad Copy Pro". It is used to recover the data from unusable Floppy disks. Use it so that u can easily get the data inside te floppy as it isnt damaged.

godsownman

Padawan
I think this is what he is trying to say.

He is saying that when we click 3 1/2 Floppy (A:) in my computer it does not display the contents instead it asks for a password and verifies if the password matches with what was keyed in first.

If it matches then it proceeds to show u the content.

Please correct me if I am wrong

OP
N

naikosen

Broken In
godsownman said:
I think this is what he is trying to say.

He is saying that when we click 3 1/2 Floppy (A:) in my computer it does not display the contents instead it asks for a password and verifies if the password matches with what was keyed in first.

If it matches then it proceeds to show u the content.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Yeah! you're absolutely right. Thank you very much for making my problem apparent to all.

rajas700

Youngling
It may password protected file.some can be bypassed in dos mode.that only he done.

OP
N

naikosen

Broken In
I found the solution for all this.
Use 'CD-Lock' to password protect all removable medias.

Status
Not open for further replies.