Floppy Disk Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

naikosen

Broken In
How to lock a Floppy disk so that no body can get access to it using any computer?

My colleague has done it. He gave me a floppy and asked me to see what is inside. As I put it into my computer and clicked on the FDD icon, it asked me for password. I tried to open it in DOS and found the same message.

I asked a lot to him for the trick, but he did not reveal. So stubborn! Help me please.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Are u talking about this one.....

*www.softforall.com/Utilities/SecurityEncryption/Secure_Folder_For_Window09130004.htm

expertno.1

Technomancer
sure check these ways -

1) make ur files of a floppy in a .rar or .zip file and give a password to it ...no one can open it on any computer without using anything

2)use Folder Lock

3) Use Floppy Encryption utility
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310105

OP
N

naikosen

Broken In
cvvikram said:
Are u talking about this one.....

*www.softforall.com/Utilities/SecurityEncryption/Secure_Folder_For_Window09130004.htm

Read my request once again throughly, please.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Try using "Bad Copy Pro". It is used to recover the data from unusable Floppy disks. Use it so that u can easily get the data inside te floppy as it isnt damaged.

godsownman

Padawan
I think this is what he is trying to say.

He is saying that when we click 3 1/2 Floppy (A:) in my computer it does not display the contents instead it asks for a password and verifies if the password matches with what was keyed in first.

If it matches then it proceeds to show u the content.

Please correct me if I am wrong

OP
N

naikosen

Broken In
godsownman said:
I think this is what he is trying to say.

He is saying that when we click 3 1/2 Floppy (A:) in my computer it does not display the contents instead it asks for a password and verifies if the password matches with what was keyed in first.

If it matches then it proceeds to show u the content.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Yeah! you're absolutely right. Thank you very much for making my problem apparent to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom