Flipkart sold me defective RedmiNote4

Top10

Broken In
Hi,

I bought Redmi Note 4 from Flipkart on 21/09/2017 in Big Billion Sale. The phone was delivered to me on 22/09/2017. The phone has unstable display. Does weird things on its own. When I open any app, it selects options on it's own, scroll ups and down on it's own, flicker and does weird things on it's own. For example if I open google chrome and search something on google, after few seconds it start opening links on its on, goes back, scroll up and down, blink, flicker etc. It happens with all apps. If I open some app where I have to type text, it becomes difficult to type because the screen is constantly changing. I filed return request at Flipkart. Flipkart called me same day and asked me to use phone 24 to 48 hours and if still gives problem, they will accept my return request. But from that day Flipkart is just doing timepass. I remind them everyday on twitter and the reply I get that we are working on it and you will get call or email etc. I have come to know Flipkart is fooling me. I have read similar complaints about RedmiNote4 on consumer forums. It looks Flipkart is selling defective RedmiNote4.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi,

I bought Redmi Note 4 from Flipkart on 21/09/2017 in Big Billion Sale. The phone was delivered to me on 22/09/2017. The phone has unstable display. Does weird things on its own. When I open any app, it selects options on it's own, scroll ups and down on it's own, flicker and does weird things on it's own. For example if I open google chrome and search something on google, after few seconds it start opening links on its on, goes back, scroll up and down, blink, flicker etc. It happens with all apps. If I open some app where I have to type text, it becomes difficult to type because the screen is constantly changing. I filed return request at Flipkart. Flipkart called me same day and asked me to use phone 24 to 48 hours and if still gives problem, they will accept my return request. But from that day Flipkart is just doing timepass. I remind them everyday on twitter and the reply I get that we are working on it and you will get call or email etc. I have come to know Flipkart is fooling me. I have read similar complaints about RedmiNote4 on consumer forums. It looks Flipkart is selling defective RedmiNote4.
Have you tried doing a factory reset once and maybe ask for a replacement instead of return?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Have you tried doing a factory reset once and maybe ask for a replacement instead of return?
Is return option still there for phones? I thought they were giving replacements only. I think op got a used phone. Is there a way to confirm it?

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Is return option still there for phones? I thought they were giving replacements only. I think op got a used phone. Is there a way to confirm it?
I received phone on 22/09/2017. I submitted return request on 25th. Flipkart once called me on 25th itself. After that even though I was trying hard to get in touch with them and get replacement or refund, they were ignoring. Finally I posted on different consumer complaint forums yesterday. Today evening Flipkart called me. But before that I did factory reset and one big update, now phone looks okay.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I received phone on 22/09/2017. I submitted return request on 25th. Flipkart once called me on 25th itself. After that even though I was trying hard to get in touch with them and get replacement or refund, they were ignoring. Finally I posted on different consumer complaint forums yesterday. Today evening Flipkart called me. But before that I did factory reset and one big update, now phone looks okay.
While unboxing, did you find any weird irregularities and did you check the phone for any visible usage marks?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No. Everything was proper. But yes, even I suspect might be wrong.
Compare all the contents and the box with a proper unboxing video from reputed youtubers. As for the scrolling effect, that might have been a rouge app/malware which was installed by the previous user, if the phone is indeed a used unit.

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Compare all the contents and the box with a proper unboxing video from reputed youtubers. As for the scrolling effect, that might have been a rouge app/malware which was installed by the previous user, if the phone is indeed a used unit.
I saw unboxing before buying. Unboxing was normal but this scrolling effect surely create doubt that Flipkart sold used mobile. I have informed them.

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
I just want to know, if I take phone to Xiaomi service center, will they be able to tell me if it is new phone or used phone?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The reason I hesitate for replacement is this Flipkart — giving defective product again and again
Never buy phones from flipkart again. Another member faced a similar situation few months back. I will try to find his thread when I have access to a PC. If I were you I would keep on replacing until I get a new piece for which I paid for and have my piece of mind. Post on their Facebook page and keep sachin@flipkart.com in loop in your mails.

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Never buy phones from flipkart again. Another member faced a similar situation few months back. I will try to find his thread when I have access to a PC. If I were you I would keep on replacing until I get a new piece for which I paid for and have my piece of mind. Post on their Facebook page and keep sachin@flipkart.com in loop in your mails.
I have always kept @_sachinbansal in loop, it doesn't make any difference.

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Here is few more 1) Sign the Petition
2) Flipkart — defective mobile delivered order id od110283439191015000
3) Flipkart — apple iphone defective set

I am taking my phone to Xiaomi service center to know if this is new or used phone.

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Just got call from Flipkart. They say we only sell new mobiles and if you have any problem, go and get fixed in Xiaomi service center. In short case closed from their side.
I asked her, you say you only sell new mobile, then why I got this problem in the first place. The mobile should have worked out of the box. Why I had to do factory reset to make it work. She ask me what is your problem now. I said I want to clear my doubt if it is new mobile or used one. She said we only sell new mobile and if you still feel your mobile has problem, you go to Xiaomi service center to get it fixed.

sohan_92

In the zone
Just got call from Flipkart. They say we only sell new mobiles and if you have any problem, go and get fixed in Xiaomi service center. In short case closed from their side.
I asked her, you say you only sell new mobile, then why I got this problem in the first place. The mobile should have worked out of the box. Why I had to do factory reset to make it work. She ask me what is your problem now. I said I want to clear my doubt if it is new mobile or used one. She said we only sell new mobile and if you still feel your mobile has problem, you go to Xiaomi service center to get it fixed.
Same thing happened with @billubakra when he purchased mi power bank from Amazon. Better to order from official sites of Xiaomi. The bumper sales are most convenient time for these e commerce gaints to sell out defective products with normal ones. Worst case is their cc never listens anything. Atleast you got a phone, last time one of my friend got a vim bar.!

Top Bottom