Flipkart sold me defective RedmiNote4

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
cs@flipkart hasn't been taken off. It has been set on AutoReply. They reply from same email address if it suits them.

Technician checked handset, recorded video, wrote report, took my signature and gone.

Return request approved but only for replacement.

I asked for refund, they didn't give.

Delivery person was arrogant.

My shopping at Flipkart ended forever.

I know some Flipkart employees active in this and many other forums. Doesn't make any difference Have been handling recruitment consultants for long time, Flipkart employees in the forums and on social media with fake profiles are just kids for me.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
cs@flipkart hasn't been taken off. It has been set on AutoReply. They reply from same email address if it suits them.

Technician checked handset, recorded video, wrote report, took my signature and gone.

Return request approved but only for replacement.

I asked for refund, they didn't give.

Delivery person was arrogant.

My shopping at Flipkart ended forever.

I know some Flipkart employees active in this and many other forums. Doesn't make any difference Have been handling recruitment consultants for long time, Flipkart employees in the forums and on social media with fake profiles are just kids for me.
How is the replaced device?

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Device was used. Very sure about it. This device came with factory reset, where as earlier device didn't. I assume it was used for testing before delivery. Packaging was of very poor quality. The outer box (brown) was packed with sellotape.

Looks like delivery person was instructed to be arrogant. In comparison a day before Amazon delivery person delivered products at around 8:00 pm, heavy rain, no electricity in my area due to rain. But he fullfilled his commitement. Was very polite. Packages had one more cover of plastic due to rain.

I put on screen guard on the first device which turned out to be defective. My screen guard was very nice and smooth. The replacement device already had screen guard put on it which is of lowest/cheapest quality. Feels rough to fingers. It has 2 stains on it. Probably this weekend or next weekend, I will buy tempered glass.

So far the device hasn't given me any visible problem.

Last edited:
OP
T

Top10

Broken In
There is big chain of entities from parts manufaturer to customer who are involved in manufacturing, assembling, testing, selling, delivering and using. Electronic devices are delicate. May get damaged easily. But who should suffer loss of it? Customer, MarketPlace, Seller, Brand Company, Assembler Company? I think this loss should be suffered by Brand Company and Market Place. This is my opinion. But in India customer suffers loss and harrasment.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
There is big chain of entities from parts manufaturer to customer who are involved in manufacturing, assembling, testing, selling, delivering and using. Electronic devices are delicate. May get damaged easily. But who should suffer loss of it? Customer, MarketPlace, Seller, Brand Company, Assembler Company? I think this loss should be suffered by Brand Company and Market Place. This is my opinion. But in India customer suffers loss and harrasment.
Never buy a xiaomi device from online stores especially from flipkart. Consumer court may help but it is too much time consuming.

vanesadawson

Right off the assembly line
Hi, you will request for return or replacement. In this, a technical person came to your place on behalf of flipkart. They will technically check all the functioning, if something problem in the phone then he request for return.

Top Bottom