Flipkart sold me defective RedmiNote4

Minion

Conversation Architect
Just got call from Flipkart. They say we only sell new mobiles and if you have any problem, go and get fixed in Xiaomi service center. In short case closed from their side.
I asked her, you say you only sell new mobile, then why I got this problem in the first place. The mobile should have worked out of the box. Why I had to do factory reset to make it work. She ask me what is your problem now. I said I want to clear my doubt if it is new mobile or used one. She said we only sell new mobile and if you still feel your mobile has problem, you go to Xiaomi service center to get it fixed.

Why did you mentioned after factory reset your phone is working you could have complained your phone is not working properly and phone is having ghost touch issues.

Last edited:
OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Same thing happened with @billubakra when he purchased mi power bank from Amazon. Better to order from official sites of Xiaomi. The bumper sales are most convenient time for these e commerce gaints to sell out defective products with normal ones. Worst case is their cc never listens anything. Atleast you got a phone, last time one of my friend got a vim bar.!
I got phone call only after 10 days of replacement period is over. Before that neither they called me, nor replied my emails. Only on twitter they used to say, we will get back to you very soon. In short 10 DAYS REPLACEMENT POLICY is eyewash. Finally you will have to go to service center. I made all the preparation to go to consumer court. If my mobile wouldn't have worked, I would have certianly gone in consumer court. Even in future if I get any proof that they sold me used phone, I will go in consumer court. It's hard earned money.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I faced similar issue with Flipkart for MotoG5+. I have received fake/used mobile 3 times after they provided me with replacement and refund option. Two times got fake product. 3rd time I got the genuine, I think, even though had usage marks at the back which wasn't going away with normal wipes, I decided to keep it as I needed a smartphone asap. Flipkart is very risky in case of these flash sales and big billion sales. One have to be really lucky to get a genuine product in first time itself.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I faced similar issue with Flipkart for MotoG5+. I have received fake/used mobile 3 times after they provided me with replacement and refund option. Two times got fake product. 3rd time I got the genuine, I think, even though had usage marks at the back which wasn't going away with normal wipes, I decided to keep it as I needed a smartphone asap. Flipkart is very risky in case of these flash sales and big billion sales. One have to be really lucky to get a genuine product in first time itself.
Brother share your thread's link with him here. Is your phone working fine now?

Did you guys see a connection here? Everyone is getting used stuff of Xiaomi only from these sites.

@OP Brother you shouldn't have told her that it is working now. You should have said that the seal was broken and stuff. I saw some threads at xda, it is difficult, if not impossible, to prove whether the phone is used or not.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Moto G5 or G5 Plus is link to my complete purchase experience.

Also, the feel of current in the back panel I have in current phone too. Battery charge still takes 2+hrs if I switch off my WiFi and data network. Doesn't feel like a 4GB RAM phone at all, browser tabs still reloads. As I have said earlier, it is not at all worth 17k. may be 14k, but that's it!

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Moto G5 or G5 Plus is link to my complete purchase experience.

Also, the feel of current in the back panel I have in current phone too. Battery charge still takes 2+hrs if I switch off my WiFi and data network. Doesn't feel like a 4GB RAM phone at all, browser tabs still reloads. As I have said earlier, it is not at all worth 17k. may be 14k, but that's it!
Maybe it's a defective or repaired piece.

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
My RedmiNote4 again started behaving same way. I will have to take it to Xiaomi service center. I will never buy anything from Flipkart again.

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Just got call from Flipkart, they are sending Technician to check the phone, and he will give his report to Flipkart and based on his report they will decide on replacement.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just got call from Flipkart, they are sending Technician to check the phone, and he will give his report to Flipkart and based on his report they will decide on replacement.
Do not format the phone now. Just delete your stuff. I was reading at some other site that all Xiaomi phones sold online have issues like these, there will be exceptions of course. I think its better not to buy these lower end phones online. Are they sending a flipkart employee to your place?
P.S. I don't understand one thing, say I order a Note 8 from an online store and say I found a scratch or some other technical glitch and I return that phone, considering I am lucky enough that the store accepted the return, then where does the returned phone go?

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
P.S. I don't understand one thing, say I order a Note 8 from an online store and say I found a scratch or some other technical glitch and I return that phone, considering I am lucky enough that the store accepted the return, then where does the returned phone go?
Lower end companies might be selling it again after fixing the issue.

OP
T

Top10

Broken In
Though there is only replacement option, I will ask for refund because this guy got defective RedmiNote4, he asked for replacement, and he got one more defective RedmiNote4 Flipkart — giving defective product again and again I have apprehension

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Don't buy any mi phone they all have serious heating issues. Service center make fool by saying that " this is normal ".
I have redmi note 4 , replaced once by Flipkart. But heats badly. Flipkart denied refund.
Now I have sold it in local market @5000.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Though there is only replacement option, I will ask for refund because this guy got defective RedmiNote4, he asked for replacement, and he got one more defective RedmiNote4 Flipkart — giving defective product again and again I have apprehension
I also faced same issue. If second time also you have received defective unit then they will refund the amount. That's how my order count of Moto G5+ went to 3 times.

Don't settle down anything less than this. Just explain that technician your problem, hopefully, he should understand the problem in the mobile

Top Bottom