First Third-party Native iPhone Application Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/08/mobileterminaliphone.jpg

Google Code is hosting the first third-party native application ever for the iPhone. A real full-fledged iPhone application with a graphic user interface and its own icon in the iPhone home screen. Yes, this is not a Web 2.0 app but the real thing, as you can see in the picture and in the video demonstration after the jump.

The application is MobileTerminal, "a terminal emulator application for the iPhone. MobileTerminal.app is NOT an SSH client, nor Telnet for that matter. It can however be used to execute a console ssh-client application."

Read more...

WOW! First the TV, and now the iPhone. These coding guys seriously have unrivaled determination. See the video.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
iPhone NES: Fast, usable, totaly rewritten

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tuaw.com/media/2007/08/megaman2.png​

So what happens when someone releases a functional but extremely slow NES emulator? Two of the finest iPhone hackers spend all night re-writing the thing to make it blazing fast and include multi-touch support. Behold the optimized NES App created by NerveGas with help from NightWatch/Patrick Walton. You can download and run the app today and the source will shortly be rolled into the official SVN. iPhone NES: the game for big hearts and small thumbs.

[Via The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)]

Third party applications are coming for the iPhone - thick and fast. :p

sakumar79

Technomancer
Actually, iMav has posted at 1:45 AM (early morning), while you had posted at 12:40 PM (noon) according to time log... So, he has posted it first... But in reality, it makes no difference who posted first... Since the search facility in the forum is very poor it is hard to see if someone had already posted the topic...

Arun

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Uh, oh!

Anyway, this is an important development and I think this merits a new thread. I'm sure more native applications are coming for the iPhone now that the initial hurdle is down.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya thats k, iphone depends heavily on wht third party coders come up with ... because if developers accept it customers will turn towards it

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Let hackers hack iPhone first, then Install Linux on it, then Pidgin & Opera/Firefox then Video recording, then MMS, then OBEX, then........I will think of buying

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Installer.app beta for iPhone: Install, update iPhone apps over Wi-Fi

All sorts of interesting iPhone apps have sprouted up these past few weeks, but unless you're checking out our own Erica Sadun's excellent work with iPhone apps, they can sometimes be hard to find or install. While Apple wants us to keep twiddling our thumbs in anticipation for true apps to come to the iPhone (perhaps they are just waiting for Leopard), a new Installer.app (of course, a beta) could help simplify things by acting as an iPhone app management hub. Installer.app can install and update a good handful of iPhone apps (with more to come, I'm sure) over Wi-Fi, and uninstall them as well.

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tuaw.com/media/2007/08/iphoneinstallerapp.jpg​

Of course, you'll need to use command line tools like iPHUC or something similar to get Installer.app onto your phone in the first place, but after that it seems like this is a good solution for endowing your iPhone with new apps until Apple opens things up.

[Via The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)]

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the iphone is coming back to my list of purchase only if it can resolve the a2dp support and vdo recording

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I need these:
1. Fully functional Bluetooth, for file transferring and as a modem.
2. Copy, paste.
3. Sending SMS to multiple contacts together. (Yes, it is not there!)

A few others that I don't quite remember right now.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ax3 its been rescued from the clutches of the evil baldy .... now the iphone will work as u want it to and not as jobs wants it to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom