First commercial PS3 game running in RPCS3 emulator

snap

Lurker
More info here:

First commercial PS3 game running in RPCS3 emulator [x-post from /r/emulation] : Games

Project page: *github.com/DHrpcs3/rpcs3

tkin

Back to school!!
Nice, Uncharted :p , now gimme a x360 simulator so I can finish the Gears of War and Halo saga.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
:bananana:

no more PS3 "exclusives" now :p

though it will take a lot of time before most games are playable in that (PCSX2 development is still going on).

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
playing ps3 games on a pc much more costly than a ps3.

much logic. wow!

but this is good news :) \m/

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
might take some more years after PS3 has been outdated for this emulator to work.

flyingcow

Shibe
noice!
i hope this isnt fake..
but the ps3 games are HUGE and downloading them will be a long-ass wait
i hope this gets done quickly :pray:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
But for that one needs to buy a ps3, which is quite costly. So why not use the existing PC? :)

noice!
i hope this isnt fake..
but the ps3 games are HUGE and downloading them will be a long-ass wait
i hope this gets done quickly :pray:

even though it is a huge step... but still emulation for games like killzone 3, gow 3, uncharted , last of us is still 2-3 years away.... and you will need a much powerful pc to run those games ofcourse if the development continues like this...

Till now we don't have a proper emulator for ps2 games. Moreover the games which plays in that emulator are not at all enjoyable. Games are best played in devices for which they are made. Yeah if you feel proud & satisfied by playing it for free then nothing can be said.

As the years are passing by more and more hitech developments are occurring and so are their supportive things requiring the suitable innovations or upgradations.

RBX

In the zone
Till now we don't have a proper emulator for ps2 games. Moreover the games which plays in that emulator are not at all enjoyable. Games are best played in devices for which they are made. Yeah if you feel proud & satisfied by playing it for free then nothing can be said.

PCSX2 does a pretty good job, you just need to tune it correctly.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

i used to play GTA Liberty City Stories in PCSX2 emulator.

You guys are not getting the point do you? I too have played few ps2 games using that emulator but on a system 5 times better than a ps2. After some excruciating hours (adjusting the controller,emulatir settings...etc) I was finally able to play it. Still there was texture issues, some controller issues, bugs etc etc. I have played the double agent on pcsx2 & on one of my friends ps2 itself. The overall experience was far better in Ps2 on which it was meant to be played.Even it looked better there.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

You guys are not getting the point do you? I too have played few ps2 games using that emulator but on a system 5 times better than a ps2. After some excruciating hours (adjusting the controller,emulatir settings...etc) I was finally able to play it. Still there was texture issues, some controller issues, bugs etc etc. I have played the double agent on pcsx2 & on one of my friends ps2 itself. The overall experience was far better in Ps2 on which it was meant to be played.Even it looked better there.

sems like you are not getting the point..

this is a Tech News thread, and people are just giving their opinion on the topic. no one is talking about personal feelings of greatness while playing the games, or how they should be played.

:lol:

OP
snap

snap

Lurker

well that might be a very shitty system :|

Top Bottom