Firewall High Severity attack messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huzefa

Journeyman
From the past few days, my firewall Norton internet security keeps on sending warnings of High Severity attacks originating from an IP address, an external one, this pc is not connected through an office lan or intranet nor is this behind a proxy. the name of this threat, the firewall gives is

ms rpc network dde bo ,

and

MS RPCSS Attack (2)

both with a warning as
Severity: High

tried lots of ways to get out of this mess... wish u guys can help

thnkx.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Check this Link. There is solution for win2000 and above. Please choose the correct fix and update your system immediately.

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
thnkx for the link Charan... have not tried the solution given there yet

what would be really helpfull is if any of u guys have encountered this type of attack and the corrective steps taken and preventive measures

slugger

Banned
Huzefa said:
what would be really helpfull is if any of u guys have encountered this type of attack and the corrective steps taken and preventive measures

symantec products not very popular wit forum members (me included ;) ) :)

ders is dis member called dreams, who is i think works for sysmantec tech support

he has also started d thread 4 solvin problems related 2 symantec products

if u dont recive any favourable response in 2-3 days, den u mite wan 2 pm him or sumthin to have luk @ ur thread

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
yea i agree slugger, symantec products are impossible to uninstall cause it installs a rootkit which makes it a apart of the OS... thnkx for the suggestion... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom