Firefox shows google.com as Untrusted Connection

monkey

Padawan
I have just upgraded to Windows 10 (clean install) and installed all my usual stuffs. The problem is that while using Firefox 40.0.2 I am not able to go to sites like google (I get the message that the connection is Untrusted). Even for sites like Yahoo, all I see are hyperlinks and plain texts with absolutely no images or other formatting visible.

I thought my Kaspersky IS might be the problem but I am able to open all sites perfectly using Internet Explorer.

What is the problem?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I faced the exact issue after I assembled a new PC last weekend.
And at that time I wasn't able to find the issue, so I ended up reinstalling the OS.

Later I found out it was due to incorrect date/time which was reset after I had pulled out the battery. So yea, issue is incorrect system Time/Date.
If you face the issue after every reboot, then your CMOS battery needs to be changed.

promo87

Broken In
The file contained numerous entries, including those that were blocked on my computer. I removed all the entries from the file and all
the sites were accessible(taking a backup first, of course)

The corrupt file contained several hundred sites that would have been blocked if I had tried them.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
If its date/time issue then why is IE able to work without any problem? Also my MoBo is new and has been working perfectly till the update. So I can leave aside the problem with CMOS battery.

MANOfJosh

QA Professional
It is definitely Kaspersky IS web protection. Try disabling web monitoring and it should work.

Reason might be Kaspersky substituting the website certificate while it scans before your page load.

Top Bottom