firefox problem

akash22

Journeyman
guys many a times whn i m surfing the net my browser reddirects to westbyte.com. i don't knw what problem is this . i have used many antiviruses to remove the adware but none of them does gud except for norton which removes it but after sometimes it again reappear. is there any way to remove it manually or permanently!plsss help

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Its a virus 100%

Try doing a scan using this online AV-

Click here-> HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

Also install Spybot Search&Destroy and click "immunize" after you update it.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well uninstall Firefox or ant browser and then scan your PC then install them again. Maube this could help. Also try Avast boot time scan for this bit(h.

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
Yeah tried all anti virus but nt any spyware but only av detects is norton but it does removes it but aftr sometimes it again reappear

Anish

Spectre
better option is to unistall firefox completely, run a registry cleaning using ccleaner of something and then install firefox 4. Is it fixed?

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
its probably virus or adware. ^^ do what others are saying. you can use glary utilities to clean registry.

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
ya i have tried all above stuffs including revo uninstaller and last ithing is left is to try with ADWARE OR SPYWARE OTHERWISE i will have to format my drive

rajeevk

Journeyman
1. Uninstall Firefox completely
2. Delete all the temporary files.
3. Search and delete if there is a folder named "Mozilla Firefox"
4. Clean your registry files with Ccleaner.
5. After all this scan your drive with a good antivirus.
6. Download a new Firefox again and install Firefox

If the problem still exists then your idea is good format you drive.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
If nothing is working, best way is to format the windows installation completely and reinstall.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
guys many a times whn i m surfing the net my browser reddirects to westbyte.com. i don't knw what problem is this . i have used many antiviruses to remove the adware but none of them does gud except for norton which removes it but after sometimes it again reappear. is there any way to remove it manually or permanently!plsss help

cud u give an example when it happens.

Btw Westbyte is official website of IDA.so u must have installed IDA along wid the toolbar.
just uninstal the toolbar from add/remove programs
I cant see any toolbar of it in your browser.

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
whn m sufging facebook or digit site or any othr sites suddenly it redirects saying(in pic
) and next thing i see is westbyte site

gameranand

Living to Play
Bro didn't everyone here told you that its a virus problem and you have to scan your PC for viruses and if there is no good in that then you have to reinstall your OS.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
If no antivirus is able to remove the virus, then before formatting you may want to try out the online scanners and see if they can help you.

Otherwise go for Reinstall

abhilashr

Right off the assembly line
Well, you got two things left to do...
1) Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (from some other computer or a different browser) and run a full system scan and remove all the Viruses

2) Reinstall Firefox using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall it. After that, if the error still persists, you better reinstall your whole windows.

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
guys thanks for ur replies but recently aftr installing zonealarm trial it didn't redirectd me to the site till now even though it didn't showed any threat !it's like 1 week!!!!!!!!:)

Top Bottom